Monday, September 17, 2007

What I am Thankful For Today....


  • I got my cable bill and it was $48 more then normal. When the very nice Time Warner lady took me out of the contract, it raised the price I pay each month. I was not aware of this. With the move next week money is very tight right now. I had no idea how I was going to come up with that extra $48. Before I got home I had stopped to get a Coke and picked up a $2 scratch off lottery ticket. After reading the mail and seeing my bill I decided to see if I won anything from my scratch off ticket. Would you believe I won $50???? I know God probably doesn't like gambling, but somehow I think He helped me out tonight.


  • Brady is doing very well. He has almost healed completely and is showing no signs that he is in pain. You would never know he was sick by just looking at him. He even was being an ass tonight and chasing Bonk and Ben. They were not amused at all. I love it!!!


  • My Friends. No explanation needed here.

  • My MG. Several of you have said she needs a new name. I love the name I have given her and I think I am going to keep it the same for a while. Oh, and she is toying with the idea of starting her own blog. I told her the title should be "Carolines MG". She laughed with that idea. We all need to encourage her to start one.

  • My friends who love to cook. One of my friends brought over a bunch of smoked ribs for me. Damn they are good. I love that my friends are taking care of me before I move. Without some of them I might be eating cookies for dinner.

  • Feeling really tired tonight.

8 comments:

yankeegirl said...

It's good to be thankful for life's little blessings ( and the big ones, too:)

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Sounds like you do have some really good friends there.

Yeah on the lottery ticket! I haven never won more than $20 dollars and that was on my birthday years and years ago.

Are you saying the mantra????

Bella said...

I love winning on scratch offs. I'm like Cheeky and never won more than $ 20.00 though.

MG start a blog!

Patti_Cake said...

Yes Caroline's MG definitely needs to start blogging! I'll visit!
I am so glad things are looking up for you in big ways and small. Yay for Brady doing better. It's all you can ask for right now.

One Messed Up Chick said...

We made it to canada. Just thought i would let you know.

Audra said...

I agree with you- MG does need a blog!

Lynilu said...

I'd like to see Caroline's MG start a blog, too. But I'd like to know what identity she envisions for herself, too? What is it, MG?? What is your secret identity??? Waiting!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, everyone, it's MG here. I am still letting the blog idea marinate, if you know what I mean! I don't know what I would call it. And I also worry that I would not be able to sustain it once I started it. I do love to write, but I have a lot going on right now.

I'm not saying I won't do it, but does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me?

Lynilu, I don't have a secret identity at all. With me what you see is what you get. I am a librarian and mostly serious in temperament. I love to have a good time, too, and I hate the librarian stereotypes that still abound.

I do promise to work more on this. Stay tuned! I will let y'all know through Caroline when I get my blog up and running!

Caroline's MG