Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunday Sunday

Thank you all for your kind words and support with Brady. We are hanging in there. I am happy to report that Brady's personality is slowly coming back. He is meeting me at the top of the stairs when I come home and is even running around some in the house. There is some bad news. I found another cyst on Brady, this time on his back. It seems a little different then the other one, so I am not too sure what it is. He goes in this week to have his stitches removed, so I will have the vet look at it. And on Tuesday we should know what our options are after the vet talks with the oncologist. I would like to thank Amy for pointing out that maybe this is the reason that I did not find a home for Brady. He does need me right now and I hate the thought of him being with strangers during this time. No matter what happens I do know Brady knows I love him and I am determined to make however much time he has left the best and the happiest for both of us.

As always I have had a great weekend with MG. Sophie and Oliver are like old friends and are so excited when they see each other. We are so happy that they are getting along as well as the two of us. To see more pictures of the weekend you can click HERE. One thing about MG's house: I don't think I have ever seen a bad sunset. They are just beautiful and it seems they get more and more beautiful each weekend.

Friday night I did call my EAP. I am not too sure how it works, but I guess someone is going to call me back on Monday to set up an appointment. I don't think it can come soon enough.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.

6 comments:

Lynilu said...

Caroline, I figured out something about the sunsets. Where our houses are/were located in KC is a super place to be in a tornado, lower than the surrounding terrain so the tornadoes would, at least theoretically, skip over our house and leave them and the occupants safe. However, it also means that we didn't get to see the sunsets because we couldn't see them! The houses are below the horizon, and when the sunset actually occurs, the sun has been out of sight for us for 15-30 minutes. The sun just sets; we don't have sunsets.

If you don't believe me, try this next time you are there at "sunset": When the sun disappears from you or vision at the house, walk or drive up one of the hills around the neighborhood, say to the street with the bridge a mere block away and watch. :)

Lynilu said...

OK, that was long, but I wasn't done! Duh.

Pretty sunset pictures! And the pictures of S & O are really cute! It looks as if Sophie is always beating up on poor little Oliver, but I know she isn't. More prayers going out for B-Man. Don't forget to give him my daily hug.

Love to all at your house. I really miss you guys.

Bella said...

Those are beautiful sunsets. So relaxing to look at!

Caroline said...

lynilu--i think since it's been 10 years since i have been in a place where i can see regular sunsets, when i see them now i am just amazed at how beautiful they are. we miss you too...a lot.

katie--it is relaxing to see. i can actually feel my blood pressure lower when i see the sunset.

Trop said...

I've worked with EAP in several situations, and I'm getting help from them right now. I've usually had good results. Good luck.

Patti_Cake said...

Continuing prayers for dear Brady. Yes I think you were meant to take care of him right now. I am getting choked up just thinking he might have been with strangers whou wouldn't have gone the extra mile for him! God bless you and MG Caroline!