Friday, September 28, 2007

Home Sweet Home on Home Avenue

OK, so I am all moved. I have not moved that much in my life, but some of my other moves have been pretty horrible. Today's move was absolutely perfect. Not one thing went wrong. It all went smoothly and I could not have asked for an easier move.

The day started out at 5am. The movers weren't scheduled to be at the house until 8am, but I woke up at 5am and decided to just get up. Once I got up I pretended like it was any other normal day so Ben would not realize anything was wrong. He let me pick him up and off to the spare bedroom he went. I managed to get the other two cats in with no problem. By 7am they were all pretty upset and scratching at the door. Once I got the cats in the room my stress level went WAY down. I was so afraid that Ben was going to freak out and go hide somewhere and I would not find him before the movers came. But it all went well.

The movers showed up at 8:15am. There were actually 3 of them and I knew the move was going to be done pretty fast. At this point MG was still probably about 20 minutes away. She had to drop Oliver off at the vet since he will be spending the night there. We decided that the cats needed one night to adjust before we introduce them to him. About 2o minutes after the movers got there I got MG and asked where she was since the movers were almost done. I couldn't believe they were already almost done. Well, by 8:45 they were done. Everything was packed up and we were heading to the new house. Thankfully MG arrived about 5 minutes before we hit the road for the new house.

We arrived at the new house about 40 minutes later and by 9:45am they were done. And they helped us carry the other couch downstairs. MG and I laughed because they made it seem so easy. We were cussing yesterday because we couldn't get the couch downstairs.

After the movers left we did a little bit of unpacking and then headed back to my old house to get the babies. Oh, and to vacuum. Note to self: Always make sure you vacuum under the bed and dressers. Man, there was a lot of dog hair.

Once we were at the house on Bennington I vacuumed while MG loaded up the cars with more stuff. It was funny because when we let Sophie out of the bathroom (she was in there while the movers were there) she went running through the house like, "where the hell is all our stuff??" She did find a couple really old Cheetos that had been under the couch. YUCK. I then loaded the cats up in their carriers and we headed back up north. On the drive back up North I had the cats in my car and MG had Sophie. Ben and Bonk were in one carrier and there was only one mild cat fight along the way.

So here we are. We still have a lot of unpacking and organizing to do, but it feels great to be here. Ben is still hiding somewhere, but Bonk and Brady are out and about getting to know their new house. I will start to get worried when I don't see Ben by Thanksgiving. :)

Oh, and not only did I get the Wireless connection back together (Yay me), but I also got the surround sound for the TV hooked up on the first try, and it works (Yay me again). I was pretty proud of myself.

If you want to see more pictures, click HERE. I also have a couple videos that I took before I moved that I will share another time. Right now, it's time for a Corona and some much needed nap.

One last thing: I think part of the reason that this move was so perfect was because of the person right beside me. MG is so wonderful. Yesterday she surprised me with a print that I feel in love with two weeks ago. When I arrived at the house today there were a dozen roses in the bedroom with a card and a Cheesecake in the fridge for dessert tonight. My life is perfect.

13 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

You must be exhausted!! Congratulations and welcome home.

Audra said...

Caroline, You look so happy in your family photo. Congratulations on your new home!

Chelle said...

Glad to hear the move went so smoothly!

Anonymous said...

well done!

SassyFemme said...

So happy it all went well for you! Enjoy!

Bella said...

Glad the move went well!

Enjoy your corona.

Holly said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Casey said...

Congratulations! May the years ahead be smooth sailing and wonderful times.

Sus said...

A lurker...delurking to say congrats and welcome to your new home!! You look so happy in your pictures

B.E.C.K. said...

That's the smoothest move I've ever heard of -- congratulations on all of it! :-)

Julie said...

Congratulations! I'm sure Ben will be seen way before Turkey day!

Lynilu said...

I haven't had time to read until now, and I am just delighted that your move was so quick and relatively painless. Now that you are actually THERE, doesn't it take away most of the bitter part of the bittersweet? I'll bet it does. Much happiness and prayers for a quick sale.

Monogram Queen said...

Yay! Yippee! I am so happy for you