Thursday, September 06, 2007

Friday Eve

All day while I was at work I worried about Brady. I really wanted to go home at lunch and check on him, but with only 30 minutes for lunch I clearly did not have enough time. I did sneak out a few minutes early because I just needed to go check on him. Usually when I come home Brady is at the top of the stairs waiting to welcome me home. As I opened the door he was not there. I kind of figured this because I knew he was probably still sleeping. Last night I had set out the sleeping bag for him to sleep on because the vet said it's important to keep him warm right now. With 2 other cats in the house I was hoping they would not sleep on it and allow him to. Here is what I came home to tonight:


Aren't these the most precious pictures ever!?!? I've been home for 3 hours and Brady just now got up and is currently drinking some water. He is still taking pain meds and I am thinking those combined with the lingering affects of the surgery is making him one very sleepy boy.

I think someone is feeling neglected!! Look at those sad eyes. You would think I have not given her any love for days. Don't feel too bad for her, she still gets plenty of hugs and kisses.

I got the number for our companies EAP, but did not feel comfortable calling from work (don't know why) and had planned on calling when I got home tonight. Guess what? I forgot the number at work. I will call tomorrow when I get home.

Tomorrow I will get the pathology report from Brady. I pray hard that he will be OK. Thank you all for your kind words. My pets and I (especially Brady) appreciate all of them.

9 comments:

Bella said...

I don't blame you for not wanting to call from work. I am the same way. There are some parts of life I just want to forget exist when I am there.

I'm glad Brady seems to be doing better. Poor neglected Sophie ;)

Minnesota Nice said...

Precious baby!!!! He looks so cozy and comfortable there.

I wouldn't want to be overheard calling from work either, too many ears. I'm getting close to calling my company's number too...but I'll also call from home if I do.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are too cute! I hope the path report is a good one. Peace.

Julie said...

I'll be thinking about you guys today, let us know what the report says when you can.

Parker said...

Purrs and hugs and love and good wishes for Brady.

SassyFemme said...

Add me to the ones who wouldn't call from work either.

I would imagine that Brady sleeping so much is much like a human who'd just had surgery. Sleep can be good, and healing.

Patti_Cake said...

You know I am praying for you and Brady! The pictures brought tears to my eyes. I'll say it again, it's SO hard when they are sick!

yankeegirl said...

He is so adorable- I hope he is feeling better today.

Lynilu said...

Oh, wow. I know Brady is not feeling OK when he doesn't greet you at the door. Poor baby!

And, yeah, yeah, yeah, Sophie! I feel SOOOOOOO sorry for you. (Spoiled brat!!) ;-) No, Sophie is a good girl.

Give them both my love.