Sunday, September 30, 2007

Feeling Like Home

One of the most important things for me to bring to the new house was this plaque. I think I have shared this story before, but for those of you that do not know, here is the story. When I moved into the house on Bennington, Lynilu's late husband and I quickly became friends. We both loved our yards and spent countless hours outside on their deck looking at all the work we had done on our yards. In 2000 I gave this plaque to Glenn because he truly was the bird man. He would always make sure there was food out for his birds and he loved to just sit and watch them. When Glenn passed away I asked Lynilu if I could have the plaque in memory of Glenn. She was wonderful and allowed me to have it. The new house backs up to a huge field and there are all kind of critters that come into our yard. Just yesterday we had a rabbit that came pretty close to the back door. Sophie went crazy because I am not sure if she has ever seen a rabbit. (I don't remember ever seeing one at the old house) So now that I have this plaque up, it truly feels like home now.

As the movers were moving all my things out of the house I stood in the front yard and watched them. I kind of stood to the side and I could see Lynilu's old house. I stood out there and thought of all the memories I had in the house and I started to cry. I was not crying because I was sad about moving in with MG, I was crying for all the memories. It truly was a bittersweet moment in my life.

Yesterday I went back to get a few items that were left behind and boy was it weird walking into my house with nothing in it. Keep the prayers going for the house to sell. Once it sells MG and I have decided to stay in this house for a couple years and save some money so we can buy a bigger house with a nice fenced in yard for the babies. Although, I am really enjoying the walks we are taking with the dogs. I know Sophie is getting more exercise now then she has her entire life. But it's great how excited she still gets every time I way "You want to go for a walk?"

6 comments:

Bella said...

So glad you are feeling like you are home.

Lynilu said...

Now I have a tear, too. I'm the bird man is with you and can watch all the little critters in the back yard. :')

I remember how Sophie loves to go for walks. Look at it this way . . . great exercise for everyone!

Holly said...

I am so happy for you!
We're sending good thoughts for the sale of your place!

Julie said...

Understandable - even though it was time to leave, it sounds like you have some great memories as well of your old home.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

That is a wonderful tribute to an old friend. He will always be with you wherever you go.

I am glad that you are feeling settled in so quickly - just means it was the right thing to do :)

Monogram Queen said...

I love that plaque and I am so glad that you are feeling like you are "home".