Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Brady **Update**

Update 5:45pm: Brady is home. He is still pretty sleepy and is walking around here like he is drunk. The incision is bigger then what I thought and is still pretty swollen. We should know by Friday how aggressive this tumor is and if it has spread. Keep the prayers going. He really needs them right now. Here are some pictures. Just as a warning, the second picture is a little graphic.



Brady has a malignant tumor.

He is getting ready to go into surgery right now.

I hope he is OK and they are able to remove all of the cancerous cells.

Please take a second and pray for my buddy Brady.

*Edited*
The vet just called and Brady made it through the surgery just fine. She was a little concerned because his blood pressure dropped pretty low during the surgery, but he is doing better now. In about an hour I am going to pick him up to take him home. The vet said they were able to get all of the tumor and now we just wait for the blood work to see if it has spread.

20 comments:

Audra said...

i am definetly keeping Brady in my thoughts and sending warm fuzzy thoughts his way!

Minnesota Nice said...

Oh no!!! Yes he is in my thoughts today, definitely

Bella said...

I'm glad they were able to get all of it out.

A social worker in the making. said...

awwwwww hun i am so sorry, being a cat lover myself will keep fingers crossed and prayers going

Kerry said...

I am so sorry to hear about Brady but glad he came through the surgery well.I love cats but I am allergic.

Casey said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry - what a scary turn of events. I'm sending good thoughts Brady's way. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Caroline,
You know I am keeping Brady in my prayers. I am so glad that he's home with you so you can keep an eye on him and take care of him. Every cat should have as good a mother as Brady has!

Love,
MG

Parker said...

Please know that there are 4 kitties, 1 dog and 2 humans in O Hi O praying very hard that Brady will totally recover from this. Thanks for letting us know about his condition. Brady is such a sweet boy!

Minnesota Nice said...

Actually I don't think that looks too bad considering the procedure was just done today. It will heal nicely. I hope they got it all?

yankeegirl said...

((Brady & Caroline))
take care

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts for you and Brady and good thoughts for the vet who is treating Brady--

One Messed Up Chick said...

My heart goes out to you and Brady. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Worm1962 said...

You both are in my prayers. Keep us posted. What a sweet little thing he is.

Luna said...

Thinking of Brady!! I have 3 cats of my own so my heart is with you!

Caroline said...

To everyone: thank you so much for your kind words and your many prayers. Brady is actually doing a lot better this evening. He is at least walking and not falling over (even though I felt horrible laughing, it was actually kind of funny seeing it) and he purring up a storm. We are off to bed to get some much needed (on my part) rest. Thank you again. I heart you guys. (and so does Brady)

amy h said...

Aw, poor Brady! I hope the tests come back OK and he recovers well.

Julie said...

Oh man, I hope he is ok. He looks bored with it all....my guess is that he is going to be just fine. I'll keep him in my thoughts. SO glad you took him in when you did!

Patti_Cake said...

God love him, i'm glad he made it through okay now if only nothing else happens. Dammit I hate this! I'm a big Brady fan (although it was Ben who brought us together)

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. :(

Anonymous said...

I think his owie looks pretty good all things considered. I'm glad Brady is ok my dear. I've been thinking of you today.