Friday, August 31, 2007

IM Conversation

Something very interesting happened tonight. When I signed onto my Yahoo Messenger there was a add request from a "valjs64". I don't normally add someone that I do not know. But something told me to add this person. The email did sound familiar, but I couldn't figure out why it sounded familiar.

So, about two hours later this person logged on. I sent them a message asking who they were. I guess my first comment sounded a little rude, but I really had no idea who they were and why they were adding me to their list. Here is our conversation:

carolinesemail73 : Who are you?
valjs64: oh sorry it's valerie i didn't know i did something
carolinesemail73 :valerie who
valjs64: from kansas city you know
carolinesemail73 : do i know you?
valjs64 : yes i studied with you
valjs64 : valerie h.......
carolinesemail73 : oh, ok
valjs64 : are you still disfellowshipped?
carolinesemail73 : um....yes
valjs64 : well i'm not
carolinesemail73 : ok....that's good for you i guess....i am surprised that you sent a request to be added on my yahoo
valjs64 : i didn't know i did it so sorry gotta go just checking though just in case was wondering how you are
carolinesemail73 : typical JW behavior...won't talk to anyone that is "worldly". don't mean to sound mean or rude, but i hate how most JW's are fake including my whole family
valjs64 : this is vals son for a min she went to the bathroom
carolinesemail73 : hi daniel
valjs64 : sup
carolinesemail73 : how old are you now?
carolinesemail73 : last time i saw you, you were like 2
valjs64 : 18 tomorrow
valjs64 : lol
carolinesemail73 : oh wow...now i feel old
valjs64 : shes back
carolinesemail73 : ok
valjs64 : hey see ya
carolinesemail73 : have a nice life
carolinesemail73 : i know i sure am since i got out of that religion
valjs64 : it's a way of life baby
carolinesemail73 : a happy way

Interesting isn't it? Reading over her last line I think I read that wrong. Now that I am thinking about it she is saying that being a JW is a way of life. My first thought was that she was saying gay is a way of life. Maybe she was and I didn't read it wrong.

This is why I do not like most JW's that I once knew so well. Here I am minding my own business and they think they have the right to come into my life and tell me that what I am doing is wrong. I am trying to figure out how she got my email. I have never emailed her from this address. It had to come from my Mother. I am wondering if my Mom thought that maybe Valerie could talk to me and try to convince me to come back to the church. Nice try.

I just wish they would all leave me alone. Leave me the fuck alone. Do they not realize that I am perfectly happy not being a JW and have NO desire to ever return.

OK, on to happier things....I think I will call MG. :)

5 comments:

yankeegirl said...

what is up with that? So bizarre. to "accidently" ask to be added to your im list? I'm so glad you have perspective and don't let this stuff bother you anymore.

Lynilu said...

How very weird. Perhaps she got the email addy from your parents at some time for some reason. I'd say her last comment was not at you initially interpreted it. I'm so glad you have your head and life back.

Minnesota Nice said...

She said she 'didn't know' she requested to be added? That's ridiculous! But she didn't seem to try to convert you in any way, so maybe she was just curious about you... I do think she meant that JW was a way of life. That's not really saying much for it, to only call it a 'way of life.' Interesting.

Patti_Cake said...

Piss on the JW's and every other mindless cult who are judgemental and just plain wrong.

valerie simpson said...

You know what? I contacted you because i cared about you and loved you. But you made it into something else! Your a self centered and selfish little brat! Getting in contact with you had nothing to do with religion! I did not barge into your life and tell you what to do...it had absolutely no connotations to religion. I merely wanted to say hi and you ran with your preconcieved notions. And i had no idea you were gay, had nothing to do with why i contacted you. Im only responding now because i just saw this posted. The way of life i mentioned was that of being a practising Christian, not being gay.