Saturday, August 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Amy




















Today is my friend Amy's birthday. Amy and I have been friends since freshman year in high school. About a year ago we realized we both have blogs and our friendship was renewed by being able to read about each others everyday life. Amy is now married with the cutest little girl and another little girl due next month.

We had some really good times in high school, much of which has been documented in our yearbooks. I pulled out the old year books and photos to see what I could find. The photo on the left was taken in August 1989. Man, we look so young. The picture on the right was taken in September 1991. (even back then I was good at documenting when pictures were taken-hehe)

Amy and I had a million nicknames for each other and as I was reading these nicknames I wonder where in the world we came up with them. For example my nicknames were: Dork, Lupita, Shagoline, Officer Bobbette, Looner and ?chip or cheese?. Her nicknames were: Amalia, Dweeb, Lil' Bobbette, VaVa and ?chip or cheese?. Those were some good times and I wish I could remember how or why we came up with those names.

I would like to end this birthday post with something Amy wrote in my yearbook the year we graduated. I think it's appropriate for this year.

"This year has gone by so fast. Pretty soon we'll be out of college with jobs and families! That's Weird!!! Our friendship has only gotten better with time and I hope it continues."

Amy, I wish you the best birthday ever. I am so glad that we both have blogs now and we are able to keep in touch even though we don't talk everyday.

4 comments:

amy h said...

Thanks, Caroline! I've had a good birthday today. I have no idea what chip or cheese was. :) I know Amalia was my name is Spanish class. I remember once you told me to ask my Spanish teacher what "mejor amiga" meant (you had been taking Spanish longer than me), and I didn't want to because I thought you were going to make me say some sort of profanity to my teacher. :)

Caroline said...

amy--now why in the world would i do something like that??? :) For anyone that did know me in high school...i loved to play pranks. glad you had a good birthday.

Bella said...

Friendships like these are the best kind.

Happy birthday Amy!

Patti_Cake said...

Wonderful that you are able to keep up with your friend!