Friday, August 10, 2007

Almost the Weekend

It's only 10:20am, but I already feel like I have been fed to the vultures. Apparently the heat is not just affecting me, but it's also affecting our clients. Boy they are in a bad mood. Complaining about everything under the sun and expecting to be treated and served like they are at the Hyatt. I am so done with work for the day. Too bad it's not already 3:30 and I could be walking out the door for the weekend. I think I will just stay in my office for rest of the day and stick to myself. I think it would be safer for everyone that way, otherwise they are bound to see my bitchy side.

About a month ago I went back online just to see if there was anyone that looked interesting. Many of you know that I have seen S. twice now. I really like her, but I am not sure if there is anything more then just friends at this point. I learned from my mistake with STL to take things really slow. And S. and I are taking things slow, which is nice. Well, this weekend I have 3 dates. Tomorrow I am meeting J. in Lawrence for lunch. I really like J. and I can feel chemistry on my side at least. She has a real witty personality and always has me laughing. Then Sunday morning I am meeting S. for church and lunch. Then Sunday evening I am meeting C. for a drink. I am not too sure about C. since we just started talking. She seems really nice, but I have yet to talk to her on the phone. I guess we will see come Sunday. In the last two days I have also had emails sent to me from 2 other women (one in KC and one in OK), so it appears it's either feast or famine with women.

I have decided to take things really slow. There is no need to rush things and if I do find the one then we will have all the time in the world to get to know each other. It feel good that I am doing things right this time. The whole situation with STL was so hard and emotionally upsetting for both of us that I never want to do that again.

Sophie got me up last night at 3:15am and of course it took me over an hour to get back to sleep. When my alarm went off I kept hoping that if I just let it continue to beep that it would eventually go off. After about 30 seconds I realized it was not going to go off by itself and got up. I pray that Sophie is still getting better and that her getting up last night was not a sign that her bladder infection is coming back. I don't think she could handle another trip to the vet and I know my wallet can't handle it right now.

Have a great (and cool) weekend everyone.

8 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I think slow is the way to go. No reason rushing anything, right? You have had a LOT of changes lately and it's time just to take a breather in general. Slow. It's a good thing.

Kathryn said...

Thanks Caroline, I've missed reading your blog!

Take things SLOW, really slow. Never is there a rush, this I have learned for sure!

Kerry said...

Slow and steady is the great way to go! It isn't any better for heat in TX. Blazing hot. I wish you a restful weekend.

Lynilu said...

If you go slow, you can enjoy everything soooo much more. But, hey, so many dates! We're gonna start calling you "Dona Juanita"!!!! LOL!!!

Caroline said...

ragged--you are so right...i am so happy that i have realized that the slower the better

rsg--i am so sorry that i forgot to add you to the list. glad to have you back reading again

kerry--oh, i imagine that the heat in TX is even worse then it is here...try to stay cool

lynilu--HaHaHa....you are so funny. thanks for the laugh..

Bella said...

Have fun this weekend!

Caroline said...

katie--will do..you have a great weekend as well

Patti_Cake said...

You are doing great! Listen to RSG, she's a wise woman too!