Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wrap Up

This evening went better then I had expected. Laura and I were able to talk and clear the air some. Overall, it was a good evening. I think I realized that I can not continue to be angry with her for the way she decides to live her life. I am happy with the way I am living my life and that is all I need to worry about.

One of our residents buildings has a horrible problem with fleas. There are some stray cats that live behind the building and I suspect that the clients are petting the cats and bringing in the fleas. We are working hard to clear up the problem and I wonder if we will have fleas until the first hard freeze. I had to go to this particular building this afternoon and wait while the phone company installed another line. The whole time I was there I felt like there were things crawling on me, but I just figured I was being paranoid. One my way back to the main building I felt something on my arm and there was a damn flea. Crap. Rest of the afternoon I was just counting down the hours until I could go home and shower.

Sophie (and the cats) are going to be pissed at me if I give them fleas.

Tomorrow night I have a friend coming over to help with packing and to start cleaning the house. Oh, and that guy is coming to look at Astro. I continue to give my worry about finding the boys a home to God. I know it will work out somehow.

Oh, and I decided that if I write a a book (which I would love to do someday) about my experience of being a Jehovah's Witness and then coming out gay, it will be titled: God is not a Jehovah's Witness. What do you think?

8 comments:

Syd said...

The thought of you giving fleas to the cats is freaking hilarious.

Great book title, btw.

Patti_Cake said...

Glad you have a good attitude about Laura.

I am snickering (just a little bit) at you giving your pets fleas.

I really really really hope it works out fine for the kitties. I am very worried about that.

Glad you have a good friend to help you out with the move.

LOVE the title. Love it and I totally think you should write that book!

Bella said...

Hope things work out with the kitties.

I think the title is a good one.

Way to handle things with Laura.

Lynilu said...

I'm glad it sent OK with Laura, and I'm also happy that you've let go of her interference in your life. You'll be much happier.

Some kinda critter mama you are, bringing pests home to them! LOL! When I was working in the field I often came home from some icky house and just felt like fleas or lice were already on me and thriving! I empathize with you!

You should write that book. it would be cathartic for you, informative for us, and with any luck you might have some extra income from it! Wouldn't that be nice???

I'm crossing my fingers for the boys. I'm glad some one will be there when the guy comes. Tow sets of eyes, ears, and intuitions will be better for knowing he is a loving cat-person.

Take care!

Holly said...

Wonderful book title! Copyright it now!! LOL!

Watch out for those fleas! Wow!

You are right about your feelings towards Laura. You are finding your peace.

SassyFemme said...

Love the book title! I second Holly's advice to copyright it!

Can you put down any kind of barrier spray or powder to stop the fleas from going into the building?

Minnesota Nice said...

Unfortunately, I think it IS possible to give your animals fleas! Oh man, I sure hope you didn't bring any home, that would suck! If you have to go to places like that often, maybe the vet can put some Frontline on the back of your neck, too. Hahahaha

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the title for your book!