Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Peer Pressure

I have sen this going around and thought I would join in with everyone else. So, here are 8 fun filled facts about ME.

1. I dropped out of college 3 semesters before I was to graduate with my Bachelors Degree in Social Work. I think I was just really burned out with school. I took 2 years off and it was the best thing for me. When I went back I was more serious and knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life. I have always said that if I had a child and they wanted to take a couple years off before going to college I would be supportive because I know how important those two years were for me.

2. One of my very first memories is when I cracked my chin open. One of my second memories was when I split my head open from jumping on the bed and falling on the headboard. I was a very clumsy child and this can be seen from the numerous scars I have on my body.

3. I am a true Gemini. I swear one some days I have one personality and another day I have a totally different one. I used to think I was just moody, but I think a lot of it has to do with being a Gemini.

4. I named my second nephew. When his Mom was pregnant they were trying to come up with names and I suggested Alex. They said no and then I said "how about Alec?" They liked it right away and named him that when he was born.

5. In just 8 days I will celebrate two years of blogging. My blog has become part of who I am and I can't imagine my life without blogging. And one of my fears is that I will go to my blog and it will be gone. I keep saying this, but I really need to backup my posts.

6. When I say I love all types of music it's the truth. You will find the following artists on my iPod (aka Penelope): 2Live Crew, Roberta Flack, NSYNC, Michael W. Smith, Modest Mouse, Jim Brickman, Chicago and Debbie Gibson. It is the true melting pots of iPods.

7. My first concert was when I was in 7th grade and I saw Whitney Houston. My Dad took me and I was so upset because he made me wear a skirt. One good thing about your Dad getting the tickets: we were in the 4th row.

8. I probably watch too much TV, but that is how I relax in the evenings after a stressful day at work. Some of my favorites are: King of Queens, Little House on the Prairie, Dog the Bounty Hunter and My Boys.

3 comments:

Bella said...

Very cool.

I love Jim Brickman.

jenmaree said...

I too am a Gemini! Rock on!! I understand the Gemini thing, as I am the same way :)
Jen D

Trop said...

I took two and a half years off between high school and college. It made a world of difference. I just wasn't ready at 18 to take on college. By the time I started at 20, I was ready and I was determined.