Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Belated 4th of July

It's weird how things are just feeling different. For instance on my birthday it did not feel like my birthday. And yesterday did not feel like the 4th of July. I'm not really sure what the 4th of July is suppose to feel like, but it didn't feel like it has in the past.

I think part of the reason it did not feel like the 4th of July is because I had to work. I am still working on filling those 2 positions, so since we are short staffed and no one (and I mean no one) wanted to work I ended up working the second shift. I was suppose to get off at midnight, but the two techs that come in for third shift didn't show up until 12:20am. I think they were very surprised to see me sitting there when they came in. I was too tired to deal with it and just headed home.

Before I left to go into work I turned the radio on and the TV so the animals would not freak out too much with all the fireworks. When I got home Sophie had pushed the comforter, sheets and pillows off the pillow. She hates loud noises and I am sure she was freaked out being there by herself.

Each day I make a little more progress on the house. I find that if I pack a little each day then it does not seem so overwhelming. I think in the next week I am going to pack up most of the kitchen. There are many things (OK, a lot) that I do not use on a daily basis. I am just going to buy paper plates to use until I move out.

I can not tell you how excited I am to be getting into new surroundings. I have this picture in my mind of me coming home to the apartment after work and it just seems so peaceful. As much as I am going to miss the house because of all the sentimental values, a fresh new start is just what the doctor has ordered.

P.S. Does anyone know what's up with PostSecret? There were no new secrets this past Sunday. When I read some of those secrets what I am dealing with does not seem all that bad.

No comments: