Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday

I am so glad it's Friday. I feel like I have been burning the candle at both ends lately. My days at work are spent putting out fires and then I got home and sort through my stuff and pack. I am tired. I just want to sleep. I woke up this morning when the alarm went off and could not remember what day it was. When I realized it was not the weekend yet, I was pissed. This week alone at work I have had 6 techs call in. I understand people get sick, but it seems like it has been nonstop this week. I have a few techs that have been really helping me and I am so thankful for them for putting in extra hours.

Friday mornings we have our managers meeting. In the middle of the meeting (and while I was going over my issues) this guy walked in. I had no idea who he was, but I kept talking. About ten minutes later my boss said, "have you guys met?" Turns out it was the CEO of our company. The CEO smiled and said he knew who I was the minute he walked in; wish I had known who he was. He commented how I was doing a great job and my boss interrupted him and said, "she is doing a phenomenal job". OK, I think I can get through another day knowing that maybe I am doing a good job. With some of the mistakes I make since I am still fairly new, it's always good to hear that others think I am still doing a good job.

Astro's new owners emailed me this morning and said he is adjusting well. They said he is eating, using the litter box and has even sat on their laps. That's my boy. I am happy that he is adjusting well and it makes the weight that is on my heart a littler lighter. If I could have kept him, I would have.

My wonderful friend came over last night and we got rest of the house packed up. All that is left is the bathroom stuff I am using and my clothes. All of those will just take a few minutes to pack the morning I move. Now I am going to work on cleaning the house. I am so thankful that I have friends that are willing to spend their evenings helping me pack.

OK, 5 hours until my week is over. Because most of the house stuff is done, I plan on doing NOTHING this weekend. I will be watching lots of movies and being as lazy as I want.

4 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm so glad Astro's new people emailed, that's a great sign that they really are the right kind of people. Not long before he's belly-up and purring with them :)

Patti_Cake said...

I'm glad you have some peace of mind also. I know it helps! Bless Astro and his new family. I am dreading getting started in the packing but it must be done. I"m trying to see if my big sis will come help me. *sigh* Enjoy your week-end and i'm proud of you that you are doing such a good job at work with everything you've been through!

Lynilu said...

I'm happy, too, that Astro is adjusting well, and that his new family is responsible enough to put your mind at ease as much as possible.

You're NOT doing a good job. You're doing a "great" and "phenomenal" job! Don't slight your work, girl!!

I'm glad she came to help. Friends who will help you out are wonderful (go see my blog) and can't be replaced.

I'm proud of you. In all ways. :)

Bella said...

Sounds like your higher-ups are really noticing the job you are doing, way to go!