Friday, June 15, 2007

Sold



As of 6:00pm tonight my house is officially sold. Part of me is very excited, but there is a part of me that is also very sad since it was my Grandmothers house.

The house has only been on the market for two weeks and we did not go through a realtor. I am thrilled that someone came and looked at it and fell in love with it. We decided to do a "rent to own" option for the couple that is buying it. This will allow them a few years to get financing on their own. The young couple that is buying the house is a very cute couple. They just found out that they are expecting their first child this winter. When we called them and told them they had the house they were so excited that they said to celebrate this new beginning they were going to get married today before signing the paperwork.

So I have about 6 weeks left in the house. Like I said I am happy and excited for the fresh start I will be getting, but also feel a great deal of sadness over leaving the house. I realized that this house is the last connection I have to my family. I want to make sure that I remember each moment I have left in the house. But I need to remember that sometimes I have to get rid of things in order to cleanse myself. A very good friend told me that leaving the house will be a cleansing for my soul. I could not agree with her more.

Sometimes you have to say goodbye to something in order to welcome something more wonderful into your life.

11 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

VERY true. I am happy for you Caroline. When a door closes a window opens! How excited you must also feel!

amy h said...

That was really quick! I have never heard of a rent to own deal -- I hope it works out for you. It's a good opportunity for the people.

Casey said...

Wowsa! I'm so glad it moved quickly for you. Congrats on selling. :)

Dee said...

Congrats! That's awesome that it went so fast!

Caroline said...

patti--you are so right. i am very excited, but also a little nervous, but i know all of that is normal.

amy--yes, they are getting a good deal. they pretty much rent for two years until they can get financing. it's a good deal for people that have not so good credit

casey--we are thrilled that it went so quickly. but then again, it's a very cute house that has been well taken care of

dee--yes, i am excited that it went so fast.

Lynilu said...

I know it isn't an easy thing, but in the end, you'll be happy with exploring a new level of your life-journey. Enjoy these weeks to reflect as you pack and hold a garage sale, and I think you'll be ready to move on with, at the least, the bittersweetness of this move. Frankly, I'm having some sadness, too, because of the memories of you AND your grandmother living there. I think if she could, she would say, "Go Caroline, and be happy. You've done all you can here."

And congratulations!!!

Caroline said...

lynilu--thank you for the sweet comment, but right now i am mad at you...you made me cry again. you are getting good at that. :)

Jen said...

Wow! Good for you and the lucky expectant couple! :)

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Hi Caroline-
I've popped by a few times, and I enjoy your blog.

Mostly I smiled when I read this post. Hope all your dreams come true.

One Messed Up Chick said...

Im so happy for you :) Check your email! Im about ready to write a novel

SassyFemme said...

Dang, that was quick! I'm thrilled it's all working out for you.