Thursday, May 03, 2007

On a Lighter Note

Sophie and I have a routine on the mornings when I go and get a bagel. The bagel place I go to sells "Doggie Bagels" and Sophie has come to really love them. When I go and get my bagel, it's as if she knows I have been there and knows she has a special treat coming. It's like she can smell the bagel shop on me when I first walk in. She will come running downstairs to the kitchen and starts sniffing around the counter looking for her treat. Here are pictures from our routine just a few days ago.
Here is her doggie bagel. You can't see her in this picture, but believe me she is in the background barking up a storm wondering why I am taking a picture of the bagel and not giving it to her.
Here she is being very inpatient while I take pictures. I can not repeat what she is saying to me.

Usually she will walk around for a few minutes with the bagel in her mouth. But on this day I think she was upset that I took the time to take pictures. As you can see, she wasted no time in eating her bagel.



Here she is enjoying the bagel. She did tell me that she does not enjoy having her picture taken while she is eating. I need to work with her on talking back to me.


And here she is trying to figure out how she could have eaten the bagel so fast and why didn't take more time to enjoy it.

I have yet to break the news to her that I am going back to work in a week and she will not get as many bagel treats. I know it's going to break her heart.

6 comments:

SassyFemme said...

LOL, she's sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

If I could own a dog I would get a sophie dog!!

Caroline said...

sassy--she is pretty cute. it's amazing how sophie and the cats have helped me keep my sanity through all of this. i can always count on them for a laugh or smile when i am feeling down.

kerry--sophie thanks you for the compliment. i must add that she is a good dog and i can't imagine my life without her, but i could do without her chasing the cats, getting in the trash and my least favorite: getting in the cat liter.

One Messed Up Chick said...

She is so darn cute :)
thanks for the pictures, made me smile today, I needed it!

Minnesota Nice said...

What I ask you, is sweeter than a happy dog???????

Monogram Queen said...

Sophie is something else. I bet she was cussing you out in doggi-ese for taking pics instead of giving her the goodie! hehe....