Thursday, March 22, 2007

In Case of Emergency

Well, my orientation went just fine. It was a little sad sitting in there because I kept thinking how excited I was to accept this job and all the plans we had for this weekend (we were suppose to go to Dallas) and then our trip to Florida. Filling out all the necessary paperwork seemed a little overwhelming right now, but I got through it. Turns out my health plan is actually pretty good, but my dental is horrible. I need to figure out what I am going to do about that since I still have some work that needs to be done and the max this plan will pay out in one year is $1000. That wouldn't even cover one root canal.

One of the things that struck my heart all over again was when I was filling out the sheet for who they should contact in case of an emergency. Before I never had to question who that would be. I decided to put Laura down because our intent is to remain friends and I know she would be there for me if something did come up and there was an emergency.

I feel through this whole process I have been bipolar. One day I am fine and the next I am a complete mess. It does seem that each day gets just a little bit easier. I will take any good at this point.

Laura and I continue to talk while she is out of town. It is good talking to her and I am slowly learning to disconnect to her as my partner and now connect with her as my friend. The last three years she has been my best friend and I hope that through all of this we can still be friends. I can't imagine my life without her. I know she is feeling the same which is a nice comfort to some degree.

Thankfully tomorrow I have a full schedule. I have to get up and take the dog to the groomer and then go take my TB test and drug screen. I was hoping to get all of that done today, but since TB tests have to be read 3 days after they will not do the test on a Thursday. Darn.

5 comments:

yankeegirl said...

that Emergency contact info gets me too- my gf lives several states away, so it's not like she can come get me if I get sick or something. You're doing an awesome job in a very trying circumstance. I'm proud of you! (hugs)

Minnesota Nice said...

If you can afford it I suggest you go get a massage or your hair done after the groomer's tomorrow ...PAMPER YOURSELF FOR A WHILE. You deserve it and it will make you feel good. :)

Caroline said...

yankeegirl--thank you so much for the "great job" in all of this. it's been hard, but each day seems to get better.

sandra--oh, i am going to pamper myself tomorrow and this weekend, but i just can't go into detail right now as to how i am going to do it. but i do know it's going to be fun. i can't wait to have fun again.

Lynilu said...

You are doing things very well, dear girl. I'm sorry you must, but your strength of character is shining through. You didn't know how strong you were, did you?

I'm glad you're doing something fun. I'm glad you're getting out and not reclusing. I'm glad you are you.

:-)

Monogram Queen said...

I can't add anything else to what all of these wonderful people have said. You are in my heart and thoughts this week-end Caroline and I hope you have a wonderful time pampering yourself - however you plan on doing it!