Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lazy Day

I am slowly coming to the realization that my little vacation will soon be over. It's the understatement of the year to say that I have enjoyed my time off. I have loved every single minute that I have had to spend at home with Laura. With her working from home we have been able to spend a lot of time together. This is the first time that we have been together 24/7 for more then one week. We learned quickly when the other person needed some alone time, etc.

I will be working in a field of social work that I have never worked before. I am looking forward to the challenge. The first 2 1/2 weeks I will be in training which will hopefully bring me up to speed with what I need to know for this position. I am excited that this agency is giving me a chance even though I have very little experience in this field. When I was unemployed 4 years ago I went to interview after interview being told "we're sorry we are looking for someone that has a little more experience in this particular field". I was so frustrated because I kept thinking, how am I suppose to get any experience if no one will give me a chance.

The weekend before I start my new job Laura and I are flying to Dallas to meet up with our friends Sharon and Jen. We are so excited for this trip and I think it's a great way to end the time off I have had. I will then only have to work 3 weeks before we are off to Florida for a week. The cool thing: I will get a paycheck before our trip to Florida. Our savings account is very thankful for that. But like Laura has always said, we would have been ok regardless.

I woke up this morning with a horrible headache. I haven't had one this bad in a while. It seemed that my entire head was pounding. Compared to my other days where I go to the gym, pick up the house, etc, I am having a lazy day. I need to remember there won't be too many days where I can just sit on the couch all day, so I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

Last night after we had headed to bed I got up to go to the bathroom. When I walked into the bathroom our cat Bonk was on her towel under the vent (like she is every night) and I noticed that one of our other cats, Astro, was just sitting in the bathtub. I have never seen anything like that. I stood there looking at him while he was looking right back at me. It was as if he was saying, "What? Haven't you ever seen a cat in a bathtub before?" I wish I had my camera because I am not sure I will ever walk in on him just sitting in the tub again.

Thank you all for all your wonderful comments regarding my new job. I know I keep saying this, but I really do have the best blogger friends out there. Thank you so much for all the support and friendship you have given me. I heart all of you.

7 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

One of my cats sits in the tub quite a bit, she's waiting for me to come and turn the water on a slow trickle for her to drink. That might be what they wanted. Once you start though, be prepared to be a cat drinking fountain slave forever.

Rose of Sharon said...

So sorry about your headache. Are you better now? I hope you were able to rest adequately.

Oh love the cat story! Sasha loves to sit in the tub as well! And she also loves to sit in the sink! In fact, back in our old rental house, she would curl up in the sink. We took a picture of it...unfortunately it's a photograph! Will have to find it and scan it for you. It was so cute!

I should post cat stories...you'd get a kick out of them.

As for you new job....you're right, who else is going to give you the experience you need if not for the first chance? I know you will be a wonderful social worker. Remember to leave your work at work though. That's what I tell myself everyday! :)

Caroline said...

sandra--our cat brady will sit in the tub and wants us to turn on the water, but astro has never come close to the tub. since we had all that construction last year with the bathroom they all avoid the tub like it's the plague. i just thought it was the funniest thing.

sharon--yes headache is better, thanks for asking. you should tell some cat stories on your blog. there is nothing better then cat stories.

Casey said...

I have a cat who drinks out of the track for the shower door (eeeew!). Never mind that we always make sure there is a bowl of fresh water IN the shower for everyone as well as a water bowl near the cat food and another by the dog bowls. I had another cat (since passed on) who would lick the faucet in the tub. I never did understand that one but after he was gone, I swear I could still hear him in there sometimes.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy the time off you have stretched out in front of you!

Dee said...

Not only does my cat like to sit in the bathtub, she likes to lay down and roll around in it. The funny part is that she seems to enjoy it the most right after someone has taken a bath. I guess it is because the warm water makes the tub warm. She doesn't even seem to mind getting wet.

Sonya said...

Congrats on your new job!!! Continue to enjoy your time off anyway that rejuvenates your inner you.

Minnesota Nice said...

Somewhat related, I just heard a good one:

Before you think it's weird that your dog drinks out of the toilet, consider what they must think when they see us peeing in their water bowl.