Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Practice Makes Perfect

It seems that today has been just as busy as yesterday. I thought I was on vacation? At my old job I would always take one of the ladies I worked with around to run her errands since she doesn't drive. She called me earlier in the week asking if I could come take her today to run some errands. It was suppose to be an easy day, but since we are getting snow it made it hard to get around. On the way home I saw 4 wrecks. I hate the way people in Kansas City drive in the snow. No one slows down and they drive as if it's a sunny day.

So I am still have a good time taking pictures with my new camera. It has so many more features so it's going to take me a while to figure them all out. Since the pets are the only ones that will let me take pictures of them they have been my models so far.

This is one of the stray kittens. I love the zoom because I don't have to get too close to them to get a good picture. Can you tell this little cutie is waiting for breakfast.
Here's Sophie in the snow. I love this picture. She loves the snow and would run around in it all the time if wasn't so cold.

Here's Sophie again in the snow. Notice the snow on her nose. She's just like a little kid when it comes to eating the snow. She is very good at avoiding the yellow spots.
I just snapped this picture and it's a little blurry but I like that her tongue is out. Her tongue looks like Gene Simmons here.



One of the errands that I had today was to get dog food. Sophie always has to check out her new food. Bonk was supervising both Sophie and I.
Sophie is a lazy dog. She eats laying down. I think part of it is because of her age and it's just easier to lay down to eat. We are thinking about getting her one of those elevated bowls, but I personally think she likes laying down to eat.
We are so excited because next Tuesday Lynilu is coming to visit us for a few days. She will be sleeping in our guest room which is also Sophie-dogs room. Sophie has already agreed that Lynilu can stay in her room as long as she brings treats. Today Brady asked what treats he was getting. This is the first time Brady has been in this room in months. I think he is trying to manipulate Lynilu.

Another blurry shot, but I am working on making them better. This is Sophie when the mailman came today. We have a slot in the door and she goes crazy when he puts the mail through the door. Laura said she only does this when I am home. I am not sure if I should believe her.

12 comments:

Lynilu said...

Hasn't Sophie always plopped on the floor like that to eat? I remember her in that exact pose, keeping Casey (another dog Caroline had) away from the food! BTW, Sophie's tongue is really that long!!

Remind Brady that I don't have kitty treats! Geez, I think he is sending me the evil eye!! Cool it, Brady!

Angel said...

Sophie is so cute! I have a fat lab, Maddie, that eats laying down too....i think she's just too lazy to stand up is all.

Love the snow pictures!

Joel said...

hey sweetie, i sent you an invite yesterday. i will send it again.

scotty

Caroline said...

lynilu--i think sophie picked up the habit of sitting down and eating when she was trying to stop casey from eating. poor guy. if you think brady is giving you the evil eye then you really don't want to know what he said about you after i read him your comment.

beth--thanks for the sophie comments. she is a cutie and i love taking pictures of her. i just wish she would sit still long enough for me to get some good pictures.

Caroline said...

scotty--thanks

Casey said...

Good pictures - looks like you are having fun. :) Try to sneak pictures of Laura. You have that great zoom - she might not even notice. :)

Syd said...

At least you have cute practice subjects.

Such a pain in the ass to learn a new camera, isn't it?

chapin said...

What cute pets and they make very good models. I've been looking at new cameras as well but just can't make myself take the plunge.

amy h said...

It looks like you are enjoying that new camera!

I think if we had that type of dog feeder, Little Man would just eat and eat until he got sick. Sophie must be a little smarter than Little Man (that's not much of a contest though).

Caroline said...

jen--thanks for your comment. sorry it's not up here. i messed up when i moderated the comment.

casey--hey, that's a good idea. i am afraid she would kick my ass once she realized they were on my blog

syd--it's very stressful. that's part of the reason i got another kodak. it's kind of the same..ok, not so much

chapin--thanks for the compliments on the pets. they are so tired of me taking their pics.

amy--sophie has been threatned with that feeder being taken away. her vet said she needed to lose some weight. we'll see how she does.

Monogram Queen said...

They are so cute! Our basset hound Flash used to eat lying down and it always cracked us up.
I love how the littl furry stray is looking up at you! Darling!

Minnesota Nice said...

That stray as the most amazing winter coat, what a little angel face!!!