Friday, January 26, 2007

Florida Trip

I am excited!! It's been a very productive week in our planning for our trip and commitment ceremony in April. Here's what we got done this week for our trip.

1) We made our reservation for the car rental. Last time we had a convertible, but didn't use it that often so we decided this time to just go with a mid-size car. I was excited because the weekly rate is only $189. But the taxes are so high in Florida. After all the taxes our total for the car is $280. That's almost $100 in taxes. Crazy.

2) We have paid off our resort. As a gift to little sis and hubby we are taking them with us to Florida and paid for their airline tickets as well as their 5 night stay at our resort. It was a huge relief to get that paid off. Last year we just paid it off when we got there, but this year we decided we wanted to pay both rooms off early so we wouldn't have to worry about it. Yea, no worries. We are staying HERE. We will be in room 1 (be sure to check out the pictures) and little sis and hubby will be staying right next to us in room 2.

3) We have our reservations for the actual ceremony. We kept meaning to call to make the reservations, but with the holidays we kept forgetting. I woke up one day this week thinking, "oh my gosh what if April 16 is not available". I called that same day and told them what we wanted and got the reservation. THEY will be taking us out on their private boat at sunset to perform the ceremony. The total trip will be 90 minutes. They sent us a copy of the vows they use and we plan on making some minor changes, but we love the sailing/boat theme to the vows. It's going to be beautiful and I simply can't wait.

Before we know it April is going to be here and we will be on our way to a trip of a lifetime. I look forward to expressing to Laura the love I have for her and how happy she has made my life. I can't imagine a day without her. Six years ago I never thought I would find love again. I was patient and within two years I realized what Gods plan was. I am happy that I was patient and waited because I truly got the best reward.

11 comments:

Casey said...

It sounds so great!!! April is a great month. April 9th will mark 12 years since D and I said "I will". You are going to make amazing memories to cherish for the rest of your lives.

I can't wait - I'm excited for you both. :)

One Messed Up Chick said...

Im so excited for you! Everything looks great! thanks for sharing the links.

Lynilu said...

Now, I have a surprise for you (with some qualifies, unfortunately). If everything continues to go on schedule with my house, I plan to leave here around the first week of April, and will be in Florida at that time!!!!!! Yay!!!! I'll talk with you about it soon!

Casey said...

Oh Lynilu - that's such a wonderful surprise for them! I know they are going to be thrilled to have you there. :)

SassyFemme said...

Everything has really come together! How exciting! You know we'll want to see pictures! The taxes on the car? Crazy for sure.

Laura said...

Lynilu-
I am so excited! It just seems right for you to be there even though you are quite ornery. LOL We will keep our fingers crossed all works out.

Lynilu said...

Ornery? Me? Noooooooooooo. ;-)

Caroline said...

casey--early congrats to you and dakota on 12 years. april is a very good month and we can't wait.

eye--we are so excited about the ceremony on the water. so perfect for the two of us

lynilu--oh my god, oh my god...you might have just answered one of my prayers. i am so excited. if you are able to make it then my dream day will be complete.

casey--isn't lynilu just perfect

sassy--now that we have the laptop we will surely post pictures during the trip

laura--i'll second that with our fingers crossed

Rose of Sharon said...

April sounds heavenly. Everything looks wonderful and I had never even thought of doing a committement ceremony on a private boat. How romantic!! And how generous and sweet of you to pay for your sister and BIL and to have it paid off already? Wow!

Both of you deserve every happiness and I can't to see pictures and hear all about it!!

And it's wonderful to have friends and family witness it as well. When Jen and I had our committement ceremony, we did it in our B&B room in New Orleans just by ourselves. We made up our own ceremony, vows and even music! It would have been nice to have have it witnessed.

Caroline said...

sharon--we are thrilled to be having it on a private boat and at sunset. we can't wait. I love how you and jenn did your ceremony. sounds very special.

Monogram Queen said...

I am so happy for you both and love reading about your plans.
How Awesome Lynilu will hopefully be there too!