Saturday, December 23, 2006

Waiting



This morning we woke up and decided to get one last workout in before Christmas. Our gym is closed tomorrow and Christmas day so today was our last chance workout. I was very tired this morning and really didn't want to go, but knew this was the best thing for me. Not only did I do 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, but while Laura was finishing up her 50 minute ride I jumped on the bike and did 10 more minutes. I figured I might as well and it would be better then just sitting there waiting for her. We then lifted some weights. It felt good and when we were leaving I was very thankful that I went.


This time of the year I always think of all the things I am thankful for. Every day I see people come into my office that have nothing. Nothing. Laura and I may live in a very modest home and not drive the newest of cars, but we are happy and more importantly we have each other. No matter how bad my day has gone at work the minute I get in my car to come home I know everything will be ok. Life is good, life is very good.

We have a very casual 2 days planned ahead. All our shopping is done, all the gifts are wrapped and now we just wait for Christmas morning. We have movies to watch and we are really enjoying the free movie channels that came with us switching our phone to our cable provider.

My wish for all you is that you have peace and love this Christmas and someone special to spend this holiday season with.

*The above picture is one of our strays who loves to sit under the tree in front. This is one of my favorite pictures from this Christmas.**

5 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm planning a quiet weekend with lots of movies too. I'm MOST excited to see Little Miss Sunshine which I rented for tomorrow night, can't wait, I've heard only good things!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Caroline...and Laura!

Casey said...

Merry Christmas, you two! May it be a wonderful and peaceful day.

Caroline said...

sandra--oh, i can't wait to see what you have to say about the movie. we loved it. it's one that i want to own.

traci--merry christmas to you

casey--thanks so much casey, merry christmas to you as well

Lynilu said...

Merry Christmas, Caroline & Laura! Peace and Happiness through the coming year. Love you both!