Friday, December 29, 2006

Day Off

I took today off because I have a lot of vacation days and if I don't use them then I loose them. Last night Laura begged me to let us sleep in a little. Usually when we plan on sleeping in it doesn't always work that way. Today was no exception. Here is what was suppose to be calm and quiet day.

4:30am--Laura wakes up because her neck is hurting from her previous day of lifting weights. We get up, she takes some Ibuphren and then we head back to bed. As the wonderful partner that I am I give her a great neck massage to help the pain.

5:00am--We realize that we are not able to get back to sleep so we decide this is the perfect time to do our grocery shopping.

5:30am--We arrive at the grocery store (thank God for 24 hour grocery stores) and do our shopping in peace. The only other people there were people stocking the shelves. It was wonderful. I have now found my new favorite time to do grocery shopping.

6:30am--Arrive at our local bagel shop for our morning bagel. The people that see me there every morning at 8:30am are looking at me like, "what the heck are you doing here this early?"

7:00am--Arrive at grocery store #2 to pick up items that the other store didn't have. Only found one item we were looking for, but found numerous other junk that we clearly don't need. Shopping with a list is really the only way to shop

7:40am--Arrive back home. The benefit of driving back to the house that early we saw the most gorgeous sunrise. I just wish I had my camera.

8:00am--Call the vet to make an appointment for Sophie Dog. Poor thing has been suffering bad with arthritis in her back leg and has been showing signs of pain.

8:15am--Finally get through to the vet and make an early afternoon appointment.

9:30am--Get a call from little sis (who lives just 10 minutes away) to say that she has thrown her back out and needs us to bring her some meds. We immediately get cleaned up to help her out.

10:15am--I go to Post Office and Dollar General. What should have taken just 15 minutes total took close to 45 minutes.

11:00am--Arrive at little sis's house and take her some meds as well as make her lunch. Had a great time playing with their two dogs Harvey and Ian. Clearly these dogs are best friends and we had fun watching them play together. Another time I wish I had my camera.

12:00pm--Leave little sis's and go out to lunch at LoneStar. We both have been craving a steak and with our Gift Visa we got for Christmas we thought this was the perfect way to use it. Yum Yum.

1:15pm--Go to Blockbuster to sign up for their online movie rental. We did have Netflix, but with a Blockbuster right down the road the benefits are great then Netflix.

2:45pm--Leave to take Sophie to the vet and Laura takes the other car to get her pay check.

3:30pm--The vet starts to examine Sophie and when the vet and the vet tech go to lift Sophie up on the table she pees all over the vet and vet tech. I personally thought it was funny, but they did not. And yet another time I wish I had my camera.

4:30pm--Arrive home with Sophie dog and give her her first dose of meds, which have already started to work. YEA.

4:45pm--Leave again to go to little sis's to check on her and make sure her hubby made it home and that she doesn't need anything else.

5:15pm-Arrive at grocery store #3 and finally find the other things from our list. And of course a few other things that we don't need. I suck at impulse control.

5:30pm--Arrive home for the day..finally and start a load of laundry. I would have put that off until tomorrow, but I am out of clean underwear and we are out of clean towels.

My lesson for today: 1) Always bring a camera along 2) Act sick next time I have a day off.

6 comments:

SassyFemme said...

OMG, what a day! I'm tired from reading that!

One Messed Up Chick said...

Gee what a busy day you had! I hope you enjoy the weekend.

Lynilu said...

You surely had a busy day! We couldn't get around enough to do anything except buy some warmer gloves for the Florida kids! We're officially snowed in now. B's flight to MO was rescheduled for tomorrow, and we just hope it isn't cancelled again, or she will really lose it. The FL family couldn't reschedule until 1/3! Happy New Year, y'all!!

Anonymous said...

I'm wiped out from reading about your day off my dear! I'm glad Sophie dog is feeling better though.

Casey said...

Holy smokes! You sure know how to pack a day full! Glad you had a good time. :)

Minnesota Nice said...

Tee hee, I can never get out of the dollar store fast either...too many little knick knacks.

I was thinking of doing an experiment where I carry my camera everywhere for one week, and just see what I see. Might be interesting, huh?