Friday, November 17, 2006

Job Interview

The agency that I had the phone interview on Monday didn't call me back for a second interview. Damn. So this morning I called and they said they are still working on the second interviews and they would let me know. Translation: Sorry we didn't like you enough on the phone to want to meet you in person.

Last night I got an email from the second agency I had sent my resume to. They emailed me the Job description and wanted to set up a time to interview me. Now I am not as excited about this position, but it's the same amount of money as the other agency. I called them this morning and I have an interview next Wednesday at 9am. I am looking forward to the interview to learn more about this agency and if I really like it more money would be so good.

I sent my resume to 2 places and got 2 call backs. Not too bad considering I was just testing the waters out there.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am bored, Mable.

Anonymous said...

I know your partner and she is very cool. I think you should do something nice for her like cook supper.

Lynilu said...

Good luck on the interview!!

And, anonymous . . . how freakin' obvious is all that?!?!?! Good grief! Caroline's partner is cool, but gimme a break. You're just being cheesy!

Anonymous said...

Kiss my butt, lynilu....whoever you are.

Lynilu said...

anon - Yeah, well. DON'T YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO??

Anonymous said...

Aaargh.

Caroline said...

anonymous--great now i am going to have to explain the nickname mabel. and btw, i will do dinner if you will do the laundry. i think that's a fair trade.

lynilu--thanks for the luck and don't you realize you are only encouraging anonymous.

Lynilu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynilu said...

Caroline, don't *you* realize that occasionally, I just have to stir the pot a little!?!? ;-)

Caroline said...

lynilu--yea i understand that. as of 5:53 anonymous was cooking dinner and has plan on doing the laundry right after we are done.

Wendy and Karen said...

Sometimes the thing that really suits you isn't the thing that you think you want at first. It sounds like you're going to have your pick of wonderful opportunities before you decide on which one is best for you!

Good luck!

Caroline said...

karen&wendy--that was so well spoken. 3 years ago I took a job that I really didn't want to and because I took that job in a small town I ended up meeting Laura. Everything happens for a reason. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Casey said...

Good luck!!!! :)

Minnesota Nice said...

Now how do you know that that first job ISN'T still getting 2nd interviews together, and they WILL want to see you??????

Caroline said...

Casey--thanks for the luck

sandra--i hope you are right because that first place is where i really would want to work.

Kitty said...

I agree with Sandra, I don't feel you are out of it yet.

good luck!

Kitty said...

anonymous you're too funny! I like your call name too, like none of us know who you are!

Caroline said...

kitty--thanks for the encouragment and anonymous is so obvious isn't she. you would think she would try to hide herself a little better.