Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Third Time is a Charm

I would love to say that my day got better yesterday, but I managed to drag my crappy attitude home; which didn't go over well at home. By 8pm I realized that I was doing no good and decided to keep my mouth shut. That was the best idea I had all day. Luckily today I am feeling better and feel I can take on the world again.

Tomorrow morning at 10am is my big Kansas Social Work license test. I work in Missouri, but we also have clients from Kansas. Kansas requires all social workers to have a license. I first went for my test in July 2005 and got 68. I needed 70. There are 150 questions so you know I was just 2-3 away. I had to wait 90 days to retake the test. I went back in October 2005 and got another 68. Each time I take the test it cost $175. My work paid for the first one, but since then I have had to pay the $175.

So tomorrow I will attempt this test for the third time. I took the practice test and missed just 9 out of 50. Not bad. But seriously, after 150 questions, they all start looking alike.

I am praying my little heart out that third time really is a charm.

9 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

Sounds like the bar exam, yikes! Third time will be the charm, definitely!

Monogram Queen said...

Definitely pulling for you that you pass this time.
Sounds like me and my driving test *tee*hee*

Holly said...

Coming out of hiding here to wish you Good Luck!

Caroline said...

sandra--i have nightmares about this damn test.

patticake--thanks for the laugh patticake (on the driving test part) :)

holly--so you are my mystery friend from england. i've been wondering who was visiting my blog from england. thanks for the good luck

Anonymous said...

You'll kick Kansas butt!

Casey said...

Here's hoping that you do better than you could ever have hoped to do. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :)

SassyFemme said...

Good luck on your test!!!

I'm going to have to do my CT teacher one soon, scares the crap out of me!

Kitty said...

Good Luck. kick some ass!

One Messed Up Chick said...

Good luck! Test scare me, Good Luck with yours.