Tuesday, October 31, 2006

BOO!

Happy Halloween everyone.

Last night when I got off work I got home and decided that I was feeling bad, but not bad enough to not go to the gym. I figured I can only feel better. And I was right, I felt so much better after spending 30 minutes there. I can't wait to go back on Wednesday. I am hoping that maybe the "icky" feeling I was feeling was just allergies or the constant change in weather we have been having. One day it's in the 40's and then the next is in the 70's. I want to say either stay warm or get cold. Pick one and stay.

As I have mentioned before I have a little friend at the local bagel shop. My little gay friend is always so nice to me and knows my order without even asking me. I am sure this saves me at least 30 seconds every day. I decided to do something for him for Halloween since he is always so nice to us when we go there. I put together a little basket of candy for him. Actually it was a good size basket filled with lots of chocolate and candy. I gave it to him yesterday and he loved it and and was in complete shock that I did that "just for him". As he handed me my bagel he told me it was on the house today. Nothing better then giving a gift and getting your bagel for free.

We always (well the last two years) have a lot of kids that come to our house on Halloween. Two weeks ago we went to Walmart and got our candy. I knew that I was going to be seeing my oldest nephew and I wanted to put together a great basket for him filled with lots of candy. So we stocked up on the candy. I am talking $60 worth of candy, some for our nephews and some for the trick-or-treaters that would come to our house. Last Thursday I called his Mom to make sure they would be home on Saturday. I told her what I was doing and she said that the kids were not allowed candy this Halloween because they had broken their rule of no candy in the bedroom. Crap. I knew I had all this candy and I didn't know what I was going to do with it. So now we are stuck with all this candy, popcorn balls and little bags of Cheetos. The kids that come to the door at 9pm are going to think they are the luckiest kids in the world. In order to get the candy out of our house I will probably be dumping the candy in their sacks.

Tonight Laura is making a special dinner just for Halloween. For one night we are going to forget we are on Weight Watchers. We are going to set up our firepit in the driveway and sit outside just waiting for the kids to start coming by.

What a great day this is going to be.

10 comments:

Lynilu said...

That sounds fun! And you won't have to wrry about the animals freaking and possibly darting out the door. Day-amn, you 2 are smart! Have fun!

Zoe said...

Well I was hoping the icky feeling was just allergies too, but it finally caught me. Everyone I know has or has had this cold.

Sounds like a fun evening. I really hate passing out candy and BP couldn't care one way or the other, but some friends of our love it. I make dinner, they pass out candy. It works out well.

One Messed Up Chick said...

Sounds like your going to have a blast tonight :) Enjoy!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Ahh sounds like you have a great Halloween evening planned!

Caroline said...

lynilu--it was all laura's idea to do the whole firepit idea. Until you said something I hadn't even thought about the pets. see, we're not all that smart.

zoe--sounds like you have a good system for halloween night

onecrazylady--yes, it's going to be a really fun night

patticake--a fun night with some really good food and some chocolate. fun indeed.

Pregnant In Texas said...

That does sound like a lot of fun. Can I come over? :)

Caroline said...

cristin--it comes from the lack of not being able to celebrate the holidays.

pregnantintx--we are hoping for lots of kids this year. if you can make it here by 6pm, you are more then welcome. :)

SassyFemme said...

Oh sitting out on the driveway with the candy sounds like fun! We don't know what to expect in our new neighborhood. I kind of don't think we'll have too many kids, but bought a ton of candy just in case. I love passing it out, Fran hates it.

Minnesota Nice said...

Have a fabulous Halloween and leave some chocolate for the neighbor kids! Enjoy your non-WW dinner too :)

Caroline said...

sassy--we decided since it's only 34 degrees outside to sit inside instead. maybe next year we'll sit outside

sandra--spending $60 on candy there better be enough left for the neighbor kids. otherwise we need more then just a weight watchers intervention. :)