Monday, October 23, 2006

10 Weird Things

I got this from Ragged and thought I would share with all of you. Here are 10 weird things about myself:

1) My first concert was Whitney Houston. My parents surprised me when I got home from camp that year. I went with my Dad and I was mad because he made me wear a skirt to the concert. I felt so out of place, but did really enjoy the concert. It really helps when your Dad gets the concert tickets; we were in the 10th row.

2) I have a routine when I go to bed. It involves the following in no particular order: let the dog out, finish any dishes left in the sink, bring in the outside cats food, lock the garage door, turn off all computers, let the dog in, brush my teeth, shave my legs, take out my contacts, take my meds, count all the cats (this started after we lost Ben), and finally get into bed. Note: I am usually exhausted by the time I get into bed.

3) I love Barry Manilow. Ever since I was 10 I have loved his music. I remember saving up my money when I was 10 so I could go buy his new tape. I even belonged to his fan club and every month I would get my "Barry Gram". I have seen him in concert 6 times. Laura says she will never go see him in concert. I beg to differ.

4) While I was going through my divorce I lost my car. (ex husbands fault) My parents bought me a 1984 Cadillac. I drove that car for almost 2 years. I hated that car. About two weeks after I got it I put my window down to throw out my cigarette and the window wouldn't go back up. I had to drive 30 minutes on the highway in the middle of January, home. I was never so happy to get rid of that car.

5) 80% of my clothes are Eddie Bauer. I was nicknamed "Mrs. Eddie Bauer" at one of my jobs.

6) I've only broken one bone in my life and it was my middle finger. When I was 13 my brother was bugging me and I went to hit him and hit the door frame instead.

7) When I buy new clothes they usually have to hang in the closet for a few weeks before I will wear them. It's almost like I have to get used to them before I will wear them.

8) When I first got married I was a horrible housekeeper. I had someone stop by without any notice and I was so ashamed at how my house looked. I now keep my house clean all the time because you never know when someone will stop in. Our house has to be clean enough that if someone did just stop by I would not be embarrassed.

9) The dishwasher has to be loaded in a certain way. If Laura does the dishes I sometimes will go back and rearrange the dishes to how I like them to be.

10) I am obsessed with pens. I will take them if I like them even if they aren't mine. Just ask Lynilu how obsessed I am with them. If you don't know what to get me, a pen always makes me happy.

If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged.

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

"I beg to differ." OMG, I 'bout fell off my chair, LOL!!! I wanna be a fly on the wall when the conversation about Laura attending a BM concert takes place!!!

And YES, SHE HAS A HUGE OBSCESSION WITH PENS!!! I even bribed her one time with one!!! She coveted my pen for months, and I dangled it to get something or other from her!! We got a bunch of pens from a bank that were, admittedly very nice. What she never figured out was that I kept one hidden because if I didn't, it would disappear . . . just like the other 29 of the did, one at a time, always just after her visits!!!

Minnesota Nice said...

It's PEOPLE LIKE YOU that make the bank chain their pens down you know!!!!

Hey, check it out, a Barry Manilow PEN for sale:

http://www.itsonlyrocknroll.com/catalog/item.php?prodpa=&unid=11059

Caroline said...

lynilu--either she goes to the concert or I go by myself. and we all know i can't be trusted at a concert by myself. i knew you were hiding one of the pens.

sandra--you crack me up. i may have to put that pen on my wish list now.

Zoe said...

I'm so with you on the dishwasher thing.

SassyFemme said...

I'm like you with the house having to be clean enough not to be embarassed if someone stopped by.

I'm with you on the dishwasher thing, too. I've been known, on a few occasions, to rearrange it after Fran has put things in there. :)