Saturday, September 30, 2006

It's That Time Again

It's been a rough couple of days. Yesterday after I changed everything on my blog I started getting a headache. And it just got worse and worse until it was a full blown migraine by 6pm. I was sick to my stomach and couldn't look at anything too bright. And my mouth was killing me. We were in bed by 10pm and I woke up this morning feeling much better. My mouth is also feeling much better. Getting 7 shots (2 directly into the nerve) is no fun and it hurt like hell. My mouth feels like it's been through a war.

This morning we went to Weight Watchers for our first weigh in. I lost an amazing 4.8 pounds. I was so happy. I have never lost that much in one week. I needed the proof that what I was doing was right and it was working. I feel more determined to work harder at losing this weight. We have found that eating all your fruits and veggies and drinking all your water makes you not hungry. I used to drink 3-4 cokes a day and I am down to maybe one. I am hoping in the next couple of weeks I can cut that out completely. It does nothing for me and it rots my teeth.

If you notice at the top of my blog you will see my ticker that I have. I haven't mentioned anything about it because Laura has made me swear that I don't say anything until that day. BTW, the day when I can finally make this HUGE announcement is Thanksgiving Day. Be sure to stay tuned for this announcement. It will change everything about our lives as we know it. Thursday night Laura and I stayed up til 2am talking about what we are planning. It was one of the most intense, satisfying conversations I have ever had.

This morning we put out our Halloween decorations. The weather is kind of crazy this week. It was bitterly cold Thursday and Friday and today and tomorrow the temps will be in the high 80's. Didn't really feel like Halloween with it being so warm outside. I am hoping for a cold front to move on through. As I have mentioned before, I am so done with summer.

As we were putting out the Halloween decorations a car pulled up. Two older men in suits got out. I knew instantly they were JW's. They walked over to me explaining who they were. I told them I knew who they were and they asked if some lady had come here and talked with a few weeks back. I said yes and they explained how they liked to call on all disfellowshipped people once a year. I thought it was funny since I have been disfellowshipped for 2+ years and no one has called on me before now. They asked if anyone knew where I lived. WTF. I told them I was happy with what I was doing now and that I would see them next September. They walked away, feeling like they had failed I am sure.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and I am so glad everyone seems to have made this move easily. I can't tell you how great it feels to be here.

7 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

I hope you have a headache free weekend. Im getting over the headcold and passed it on to my wife! wasnt that nice of me? LOL We share everything. You'll have me on my toes until Thanksgiving day to find out what your news is.

Anonymous said...

ouch...hope your mouth is feeling better...I wouls rather go to the OBGYN everyday for a yr to skip going to the dentist one time.

Can't wait to hear the big news:)

Shelly

Lynilu said...

Caroline, the headache . . . you've cut your caffeine intake drastically, then add in the shots in your gums, and as the latter wears off, and the former begins wear off as well, bingo-bango . . . ready made headache! The good news is that you are past the acme for both, and you should have reached a point of balance in your system. And congratulations for the weight loss. Awesome start! Hip, hip, hurrah for you!!!

Trop said...

Oh! Oh! I know! I know! You are preggers and the ticker is your due date!

Caroline said...

onecrazylady--thankfully i did have a headache free weekend. YEA

shelli--my mouth is feeling much better. nothing that a little pain medicine wouldn't take care of

traci--i never get migraines, so this was horrible..to me at least

lynilu--thank you. i was pretty excited about the weight loss as well

tropopause--nice guess, but keep guessing.

Kitty said...

You cutting your caffiene will probably cause headaches. It does me.

As far as your frickin ticker-- Let my sis know, I think you both suck!

Monogram Queen said...

Boo for your headache and you were polite to them, good for you!