Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Cathouse

No, our house has not turned into a "real" cathouse like my Mother thinks it has, but I have found the perfect house for our stray cats. At lunch today I went to this one pet store that I was pretty certain would have the wood "dog" houses that I was looking for. I didn't see any in the store, but I did see one plastic one that looked very much like wood. The price was $179, but the guy said he would sell it to me for $100. When I told him I needed to think about it he said they had some wooden houses outside in the back. I went out back and found the perfect house. $60 was in the price range I wanted to spend. And to make things even better, it matches the color of our house. Turns out there is a little bit of damage to the roof (very minor) and I got $10 off. $50 for a winter house for our strays is just perfect. Now I can rest easy at night knowing that our outside babies have a warm place to sleep in the long winter nights. I wonder if they will mind if I decorate it for the holidays?




Here's the front of the house. I already put a towel in there and their food. I am hoping that will get them used to it.











A side picture of their "home sweet home".














And look who went in there after I put a can of cat food in there. That would be Billie Jean (the baby). She wasn't scared at all. Blacky (Papa) let me pick him up and I tried to put him in the house. Him putting his claws out was my sign that he needed to go in on his own time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect! Those are some very lucky kitties!

Wendy and Karen said...

Ah...home sweet home! Great deal and a great place for the kit cats. They're lucky to have you around!

One Messed Up Chick said...

That is neat! Those babies are lucky to have you two are parents :)

Lynilu said...

I'm glad Billie Jean is not afraid of it. She needs it most of all. Take good care of them. (As if I needed to say that!!!)

Isabel said...

That too cute. How sweet of you thinking of all the strays.

Caroline said...

sassyfemme--they are very lucky. now if they would just let us pet them they would be even more lucky.

wendy&karen--it was a great deal for the house that matches our house

onecrazylady--thanks for the nice comment

lynilu--i was very happy that billie jean was not afraid.

isabel--i just couldn't not get them a place for the winter

Monogram Queen said...

Awww I love it and please-please-please decorate it like Snoopy's doghouse at Christmas (even though they are cats I dont' think they'd mind)