Monday, September 25, 2006

The 2 Sophie's

Day 3 of our new lifestyle has gone very well. In fact we are both finding that we are already feeling better. We have more energy and more importantly we don't feel guilty when we sit down for a meal. I am a huge planner and I love planning my meals. I used to hate going to work not knowing what I was going to do for lunch. Now it's all settled the night before what I am going to be doing for lunch. Makes life a little easier. I know you all are probably tired of seeing pictures of our "babies" and really I don't know if they deserve this much attention given all the headaches they have given us the past three weeks. But I couldn't resist the following pictures of the two Sophie's.



As you can see Sophie-dog had a very exhausting day keeping track of where all the cats were at every single moment during the day. Sophie lives a very glamorous life and it's just so tiring being a princess. (FYI: the meaning of the name Sophie is "princess".)
There's a story behind this picture. Laura has a blanket that she keeps downstairs for the winter and the summer (she says the house is always cold). I never get to use this blanket. Well, it's been off limits for me ever since I burned a hole in it from smoking. Oops. So when I was at Wal-Mart last week I noticed this nice, soft blanket that was on sale. I brought it home and Sophie-cat now thinks it's hers. Damn, I never get anything. For so long we didn't think Sophie-cat could jump on the couch since she is
"mildly" overweight. I came down in the middle of the night on Friday and there she was laying on the couch. She has been playing us for months now making us think she couldn't jump on the couch. Anyway, she has decided that this blanket is now hers. Laura has informed me nicely that what Sophie-cat wants, Sophie-cat gets. I think it's a little unfair, but it seems I am outnumbered in this case.
An update on the sick kitties. We have gone 24 whole hours without seeing any pee or puke. Yea, we might actually be done with this crap. The cats are happy because it doesn't look like anyone will be auctioned off.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your pets. :) And I hear you on the blanket thing....it never fails that the animals will take over the newest, softest blankets in the house. *sigh*

Lynilu said...

I love those pictures! Do you realize that I never see Sophie D like that? When I come over she's too excited to sit still, let alone fall asleep!! Of course, if I would quit bringing her treats, she might get over it, huh?

Kitty said...

I know how frustrating it can be to deal with pets who are ill. Have you ever thought about a group health plan for them? LOL

You love your pets to death but when you come home and you are greeted with puke or piss to clean up it can grow old real quick. Changing the bed 3 times in two days. Oh they would be outside on their ass in a heartbeat! NOT!

I used to be in tears when both my small indoor dogs got elderly. (Baby was 19 and Fritz was 14) I had to keep them baby gated in the kitchen on the linoleum floor all day while I was at work. Then I would come home and before I could start supper clean and mop the kitchen floor. I would pray (I know I am going to be flamed for this one) that they would just go to sleep and not wake up. Baby got to the point she couldnt walk due to cancer in her hips and I had to put her down. Then we bought the new home, no linoleum in kitchen, hard wood floors, only linoleum was in laundry/mud room. Fritz was getting to the point he couldnt eat or hardly walk and last year I had to have hubby take him in to the vet.

Of course I cried for a couple days with both. You dont live with a pet everyday for 19 and 14 years and them not be your family. I felt so guilty about putting both of them down. If it was your child or spouse you wouldnt put them down, you would wait till nature tooks its course right?

I still feel guilty!

Monogram Queen said...

I never get tired of pet pics or stories.. bring em on!!!
Yay for your lifestyle changes. If I could just stop "grazing". Moo.

Caroline said...

casey--thanks for loving to see our pets. sometimes i think all our pets are like having kids. sometimes they are so demanding

lynilu--it's amazing to see sophie dog sleeping isn't it. she gets so excited when someone new comes in the house. you know she would still bug you if you came with no treats. you have trained her well.

kitty--it is so sad when pets get old. i didn't know baby, but i remember seeing fritz when he got old.

patticake--thanks for being so excited to see pictures and hear stories of our animals.

Anonymous said...

Caroline,
I have pets and I have kids and I will tell you, there is VERY little difference between them. The plus side to the furry kids is that you can legally leave them alone in the house while you run errands or have some alone time. :)

No seriously, I find having pets to be demanding in many of the same ways. Of course, that could be just the sheer number of pets we have (5 cats, 2 big dogs). Often I feel like I have nine children. :)

Caroline said...

casey--your house sounds a lot like ours. we have 5 cats and one big (and lazy) dog. but we love them to pieces and can't imagine life without them