Thursday, August 17, 2006

Wanted: Vacation

This week has been a whirlwind of events. I am tired. It seems like we have been going non-stop since the weekend ended. I am so ready for this week to be over. Tomorrow I only work 1/2 a day and then we are off to the lake for the weekend. This is a much needed mini-vacation. I realized today that it's been since the last time we were at the lake that we have gotten away. We had planned on going camping a month ago, but it has just been too hot. And Laura and I are really needing some couple time away from our daily responsibilities.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for Laura. She kept telling me over and over that she had a wonderful day, so I will have to take her word on it. Cheeseburger in Paradise was awesome. Sitting there made me homesick for Florida. I can't wait til we go back in April. As we were walking in I noticed a couple that are really good friends with my parents. About a year ago I ran into this same couple and I made the mistake of going up and saying hi to them. They pretended like it took them a while to remember who I was. Talk about awkward. So, last night I just ignored them and enjoyed my time with Laura. I never liked this couple much. I was always just nice to them because they were such good friends of my parents. And by the way, they have known me since I was 7 years old. There is no way they could not know who I was.

I am doing good with no smoking. It's been four days. But today I am really wanting one for some reason. Last week I think the problem was PMS. When my period started on Sunday I knew that was why I was so emotional on Thursday. I think since I am just sitting here at work I think I am just bored. Really, I don't miss smoking. I hate the smell and it immediately makes me feel bad. I get a headache and after the initial rush I am tired. I need to get over the feeling that I am missing something. I am not missing anything. I have been sleeping so well at night now that I am not smoking. And I love how I don't smell. I have really noticed the people that do smoke and how they really smell like smoke. (sorry to all my friends that do smoke)

We are off to Laura's parents tonight to drop the dog off for the weekend. She gets so spoiled while she is there. Laura's Mom told us that they had grilled steaks the other night and they had an extra one and they saved it for Sophie. I am not sure who gets more excited about our vacations; us or her.

P.S. We have some really cute pictures from the Birthday celebration last night. I will post them when we return from the lake.

11 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

I hope y'all have a wonderful time at the Lake! Those people who have known you since you were 7 should be ashamed of themselves for acting that way. Asses.
Yay for Soph enjoying her time at the grandparents :)

Minnesota Nice said...

You did right not approaching these people again, they'd have only played amnesia again, anyway. Some people are so lame. Just keep being yourself, you're having a happier life than they are.

SassyFemme said...

Steak for Sophie? Oh how cute!

I wouldn't have approached this couple either. Grown adults acting like perfect idiots is just, well, idiotic!

Kitty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kitty said...

I'm really sorry family and old friends treat you the way they do. I know it must hurt, but try to remember this, it's their loss they have chosen not to enjoy the pleasure in their lives you and my sister bring to anyone who knows and loves you.

You know me...... SCREW THEM!

You two have a great time at the lake.

XXXOOO
Sis

Kitty said...

PS I keep forgetting to remind you.... Buy you a huge bag of sunflower seeds to help with the not smoking. That's what I have been doing at work, it keeps my hands and mouth busy.

And no cheating while you're at the lake! :^)

You can do it!

Casey said...

Have a great weekend!!! You deserve to get away and have a break from real life. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I've been reading your blog for quite awhile, and thought I'd say hi I don't have a blog who has the time not me cause my time is spent reading other peoples blog which I enjoy thank you, good luck with the non smoking and have a good holiday.

Caroline said...

patticake--i always love your comments. double yay for sophie. she loves spending time at the grandparents

sandra--i don't think these people realize how lame they do look. oh well..like everyone keeps saying, their loss

sassyfemme--i know. she is treted so well when she goes does there. like i said, she loves our vacations more then us because of where she gets to go

kitty--nothing to be sorry about. like you said, it is their loss. i agree with you...screw them. :) thanks for the tip on the sunflower seeds..good idea

casey--thanks..it's no disneyland (smiles) but it will do

lea--thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog

Isabel said...

Good job with the no smoking. I had a friend who took up cross stitch to keep her hands busy. And she chewed gum.

Glad Laura had a nice birthday. I can't wait to see the pictures.

One Messed Up Chick said...

TGIF :) that means the weekend is finally here! Enjoy your weekend. Im going to try to do the same, by not answering the phone and going in to work!
Im sure that Soph is going to love the steak LOL