Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Drunken Tirade

The last few days I've been thinking a lot about the whole Mel Gibson situation going on. First of all, I think it's horrible. And I think it's even worse that he is blaming his hatred on booze. Give me a break. Yes, he may have a drinking problem, but have you ever met a drunk that is not honest? No, that is usually when what you really want to say comes out.

Working with addicts I see people every day that are dealing with their consequences of their outrageous behavior while they were drinking and/or doing drugs. Being an addict is a hard life to life and I am just thankful that I have never had to deal with something that serious. Although I am learning that my smoking is indeed an addcition. But smoking has never caused me to go off on tyrants about a particuliar religious group, etc. Although, I have been smoking several times when I was writing about my experiences of being raised a Jehovah's Witness. Who knows what I'm talking about. :)

If I was Jewish I would be furious at Mel Gibson and would never go see another of his movies. I don't think this is something that can be swept under the rug so easily. If I were Mel Gibsons PR person I would tell him, "you don't pay me enough for this shit".

13 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

EXACTLY - drunks say what they think because they have no filter! I'm not buying that he 'didn't mean it' either. And he called the female officer 'sugar-tits'...what a pig.

Caroline said...

sandra--oh, i hadn't heard what he called the female officer. makes it even worse. i always thought mel gibson thought he was all that and more. i have always thought he was just another annoying hollywood fool.

SassyFemme said...

I read something either yesterday or today that said there's no such thing as a drunken liar, meaning he was saying exactly what he thought/believed.

I don't know if you read any of the online gossip columnists, but he's being trashed left and right in Hollywood, and supposedly ABC has already dropped him from either a movie or something planned for the future..

Caroline said...

sassyfemme-abc dropped him after his comments cause he was going to do a program about the holocaust. i would have done the same if i was an exec at abc.

Lynilu said...

I thought about being funny and start out with "Poor Mel," but I was afraid someone might take me seriously! I've always be a fan of his, but this is a huge disappointment. Who knows what lies in the heart of a man? Sad, sad.

Caroline said...

lynilu--it is very sad. i hope he gets help for not only his drinking problem but for his stupidity as well.

elf--zap you're gone

laura--God, i love you.

Trop said...

I have been getting a kick out of the photos of a bearded Mel ("Look at me! I'm Saddam Hussein!") the media have been using when talking about him. That wasn't how he looked when he was arrested.

Caroline said...

tropopause--i have noticed those pictures as well. his mug shot actually isn't that bad.

Anonymous said...

Here's a little red ink for master of grammar and lord of all right-wing conservatives ELF from a lurker who just couldn't let this one go.

I think the word your looking for is tirade.

Actually ELF, I think the word you were looking for you in your comment is you're. "Your" is a possessive pronoun as in "your presence does not appear to be desired by Caroline". "You're" is a contraction for you are as in "you're an utter asshole so please go away".

Caroline said...

anonymous--amen!!!!!!!!!! i hadn't even noticed that, so glad you did.

Aliecat said...

The local morning radio show I listened to made a pretty good point about this the other day, his blood alcohol level wasn't near high enough to warrent the vitriolic nature of his speech. To totally blame that behavior on alcohol, he would have to have blown at least a 0.2. So that just makes him a racist asshole, not even worth our hate.

Caroline said...

aliecat--i hadn't heard that. just shows that what he said is how he actually feels.

elf--we agreed that we would not comment on each others blog. we not like each other and it just pisses the other person off when they comment..good or bad. if you want to come by, that is fine, but please do not comment. thank you.

Monogram Queen said...

Yep, a drunk and a child will always speak the truth.