Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Reality TV Junkies Dream Week

Laura just called me and I told her the wonderful news about Tim & Faith coming to our lovely town in July. Laura who is not a huge fan of either Tim or Faith said we could go. I am so excited. She said it would be one of my b-day gifts. We decided that since her sister and brother-in-laws b-day are within a week of mine, we will get them tickets for their b-day as well. They are bigger fans then I am. Well, fans of Tim at least. I am even more thrilled that the concert will be inside. July in Kansas City can be very hot. I was going to pass up the concert if it was outside.

This is a wonderful week for reality tv junkies like myself. Last night we watched part of the Apprentice. Why just part of it? Well, about 10 minutes into it we paused it so Laura could make a phone call. That phone call ended up being about an hour. So, when she got off the phone I tried to record CSI that was on while we watched the end of the Apprentice, but instead it flipped over to that channel so we missed the entire Apprentice. We tried to go back and rewind, but it wouldn't let us. DAMN. We did successfully tape Wife Swap though. As you can tell we are still trying to learn out to use our DVR. Sometimes we press a button and it does the complete opposite of what we had wanted.

I am so excited about tonight. Not only do we have The Amazing Race, but we also have The Real World:Key West. I am mostly interested to see the house and get a peak of Key West since we will be there in roughly 39 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am also curious to see how bad the hurricane was there.

As I mentioned we have only 39 days left until we depart for the Keys. I can't wait, I can't wait!! A week on the beach is exactly what Laura and I need. Thinking back to October when we had to postpone our trip; we were so depressed. We just couldn't believe that we were not going. Now we are thrilled that our trip was postponed because we are going now. Most likely we wouldn't be going on another trip if we had made it to the Keys in October.

1 comment:

SassyFemme said...

We're trying to figure out our new DVR, too. We had the one in SA all figured out, but this one is different. Ours seems to change channels all on it's own, even when we don't have anything programmed.

Oh what I would give to see Tim and Faith in concernt! Wow, what a great opportunity for you guys!