Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Moving, Hairstyles & Surgery

As many of you will remember less then a week ago I was talking about how we were needing to move because our neighborhood appears to be going downhill faster then we can run. After much thought and consideration we HAVE decided to move. Well, it's not going to happen right away, but within a year we plan on being gone. We found out how much we will qualify for together (and we were pleasantly surprised). Finding out how much we qualify for really lets us know what we have to work with. Tonight we are going to sit down and write down what we need to do to our house to update it just enough to bring in the most money. I think we decided to just do enough upgrades without spending too much money so it looks updated. A huge thing we did last summer was remodeling the kitchen. It used to have this dark brown and light brown carpet. (yes carpet in the kitchen) We put in hardwood floors, painted the cabinets and really made it look new and updated, not from the 70's. Our next big project is the bathrooom. About 6 years ago I started tearing down the wallpaper and that's about as far as I have gotten. It just seemed overwhelming to me to redo the bathroom. We are going to replace the toilet, tub and paint the cabinets white. I can't wait to get started. (please remind me of this sentence when I start complaining of all the work we are doing)

With the help of Laura's sister (the one that just got married), I am thinking of changing my hairstyle. This is a huge deal. I have had the same hairstyle for 15 years. Beth said it was time fora change and since she works at a very well national salon, I guess I can trust her. She said something about trying bangs on me. I just don't know about that. Change is a scary thing for me. If anyone has any ideas about hairstyles, just let me know.

I can't remember if I update anyone on what I decided to do for my Aunt that has cancer. I sat down last week and wrote her a letter and told her that I was sorry she was going through this again and that she would be in my thoughts and prayers. I also said that regardless of what has happened over the past year or so, I still loved her because she was my aunt. I also asked that I be updated on her surgery and recovery. I guess her surgery is today. I have not heard anything. Please say a prayer for her. Deep down, and aside from the whole JW thing, she is my aunt and I would never wish anything but the best for her.

1 comment:

Isabel said...

good luck with the remodeling and house hunting.

while you're remodeling your house, wanna do my entry way?