Sunday, January 15, 2006

It Smells Like a Gerbil's Cage in Here?

Oh, wait, that's my hair. Let me explain. I decided today would be a fine day for a haircut. I usually go about 3 months between hair cuts. My hair is very thick, so when it gets too long, it does nothing. Just kind of hangs there. So, I was tired of it doing nothing and this morning I told Laura, "I am going to get a haircut". We don't go to any of those fancy places where you spend $50 on a haircut. We go to Great Clips. Plus, it was an added bonus since we had a coupon. (It's always better with a coupon)

I took a shower before I went because they always charge you to wash it. After I washed my hair, I went and got gas and then off to the haircut place. Today it was very windy, so while I was putting gas in my car my hair got kind of tangled. So, when I got to Great Clips she said, "you hair has quite a few knots." Now wait a minute. They are not knots, it was just tangled because it was so windy today. She made it sound like I never brush my hair. That pissed my off. Then she said, "are we going with the layered bob?" First of all, I hate that term "bob". I don't wear it in a bob, I just like it mostly one length. So, that pissed me off too. After that she said she had something to get knots out. She started spraying this stuff on my head. I didn't think anything about it. And it really did help with the TANGLES, not knots. This morning was not the greatest experience at Great Clips. I like for the hairdresser to talk to me and make general conversation. She cut my hair and didn't say a word to me. But she did talk to her co-workers. Whatever...

After we were done I paid, and walked out. When I got in the car my first thought was, "man my car smells like a gerbil's cage." When I say that I mean the cedar chips. Then I realized it was my fucking hair that smelled. When I got home I asked Laura if my hair smelled like a gerbils cage (cedar chips) and she smelled my hair and then just started laughing.

So, this whole day, because I have been too lazy to take another shower, I have smelled like cedar chips. Does kind of remind me of my guinea pig Wilber that I had when I was young.

Laura wanted me to add a disclamer. I read this post to her and she said it makes us sound very cheap. (Going to Great Clips with a coupons, etc) Just so you know..all those dollars we save add up and that is why we are able to take wonderful vacations. Now get off my back. :)

6 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Sounds like a great day! Im getting my haircut tomorrow at BoRic's (a cheaper place too) :) Here's to hopeing my day doesnt go that bad! And to hopeing you had a better day!

Casey said...

What;s wrong with Great Clips or Supercuts, even? NOTHING!! No matter where you or how much you pay it's someone holding scissors who has been through the proper training.

I'm all for saving money. I will never, ever, ever pay $40 for a haircut when I can get one for $14.95 (or less - if I have a coupon).
:)

Isabel said...

When I was a teen, I went to this lady. She was really nice. One day, I showed her a picture of what I wanted. It was just long layers. I don't really do my hair. I just blow dry and go. Anything that will require me to spend time on my hair is a no no for me. She gave me the Rachel friend's cut.

Since then, i've gone to the lady I see now. When I showed her the same picture I showed butcher woman, she said "That won't look right on you, but I can do this and it's low mantinence." Music to my ears. So I'm willing to pay extra (she charges $30) so someone won't give me a haircut I'll hate.

Caroline said...

one crazy lady--good luck with your haircut

casey--there's nothing wrong with great clips, etc. Laura just said that I am airing too much of our "dirty laundry". At least I am not talking about our sex life. :)

sweet angel--I used to go to someone that would cut/highlight my hair and it was $75 each time and I would go about every 2 months. It is great when you find someone that is able to do exactly what you want. One bad part about going to great clips...i don't thin I have ever seen an employee there two times in a row. Major turnover.

Zoe said...

Well I'm totally cheap about my haircuts, I have Betty Please cut my hair. Before she started cutting my hair her mom cut it or my mom cut it. Maybe I have trust issues, but that's a whole nother story. Anyway, she spends the money I save us on her way too expensive cuts.

Teena in Toronto said...

There's worse things your hair could smell like :)