Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Winter Wonderland

Well, the weather forecaster finally got it right. We are in the middle of a major snow storm. As of now, we have about 3 inches of snow on the ground and we are suppose to get a total of 8 by the morning. I love snow!!

I woke up this morning feeling tired and just not feeling good. So, I called in. About noon Laura called me and said her school was getting our early cause of the snow and she was on her way home. It was a nice afternoon. We sat around and played Skip-Bo and watched tv. It was warm and cozy in our house. We turned on all the Christmas lights. I just love days like this. It is on days like this (and probably tomorrow) that I wish I had picked a teacher as my career choice. Maybe my work will close down for the day. They have done it before, so just maybe. If they don't close, I will be heading back to work tomorrow while Laura is at home all warm and cozy.

The other big news event is the temperature. Tonight it's getting down to 4 and then Friday morning the low is -6. Can you say Brrrrr!!!!

Sophie the dog loves snow more then me, if that is possible. She goes outside and runs in the snow and runs her nose all in the snow. I can count on her waking me up in the middle of the night to go outside. It never fails. But she has always been a cold weather dog. She hates the heat as much as I do.

Let's all say a prayer that my place of employment closes tomorrow. I'll let you know in the morning if those prayers worked.

No comments: