Thursday, December 29, 2005

Wal-Mart Adventures Part II

This is the second part to my adventures at Wal-Mart. As Laura and I were checking out there were a few items that were Christmas items that should have been 50% off. The first two items went through at full price. I asked the cashier to check on that because it was suppose to be 50% off. We told her the tag said $1.50, so it should have been 75 cents. She said "no, $1.50 is the price 50% off. Well, it was a freaking box of kleenex. There is no way this box would have gone for $3.00. The bitch wouldn't even go check. We said, "just take them off". By this point I am getting very upset. The fact that she wouldn't even go check pissed me off. Plus, there was another Wal-Mart employee standing next to her that took the box of Kleenex back, but wouldn't check the price. Well, the last item we had was a 4 pack of Holiday juice. We bought them on December 23 for 50 cents each. This day they were ringing up for $1.00. WTF!! I told the lady that they should be ringing up for 50 cents. She flung on her light and walked away with the cans of juice. She went and checked with the manager, I guess. Since she didn't say where she was going I assumed that is where she went. She came back and rang them up for 50 cents each. And then that bitch started throwing them into the sack. I asked her not to throw them into the bag. She didn't say a word. What a fucking bitch.

At this point I look over at Laura and she is pissed. Well, I realized a few seconds later that she was pissed at both of us. WHAT???? So, when we get in the car she tells me that both me and the cashier were acting like bitches and that the world didn't owe me anything. That set me off.

No, I don't think the world owes me anything, but I do think some customer service is nice every once in a while. Our society has completly gotten rid of customer service. People treat people however they want. I worked many many years in retail. I know that the customer is always right. I would never thought in a million years to treat customers the way we are being treated now. I always feel that if you don't like you job, then fucking quit. No one is forcing you to work. And if you are working because you have a family to feed. Well, maybe you should have thought about that before getting knocked up, etc. I just ask for some deceney when it comes to being nice to the customer. Because it's very simple. There are lots of places to shop. If you are rude to me, it's simple. I will go someplace else.

The end..

4 comments:

pack of 2 said...

Ok...I have a few opinions about all of this...are you ready? LOL...

1. Wal-Mart is not gay friendly. It is not a place I would ever shop...ever!

2. Laura was probably mad because she was embarrassed. I will challenge a person if they are being rude or whatever too...Angie is often uncomfortable with it...which was probably the case with Laura.
Sometimes I can let things go & sometimes I MUST let people have it if I was pushed too hard or my head will explode.

3. I agree that people in customer service should be friendly. BUT...Wal-Mart pays shitty & gives no benefits...actually, they do offer benefits but don't allow employees to work enough hours to qualify for the benefits. That is reason enough for me to not shop there...they suck & they know it, you know it, & their employees know it! I say shop at Target:)

I make it a point to avoid giving my money to companies who don't respect their staff & companies that do not support equality.

Can you tell that I hate that place???

Shelly

Isabel said...

Joey hates wal mart.

That cashier had no right to be rude to you. People say, you don't know what kind day that person was having. Makes no excuse, you don't take it out on the customer.

Caroline said...

packof2--I did not realize Wal-Mart was not gay friendly. We go there because it's convienent, plus their prices are always lower. Guess we know why. But this girl that was helping us looked like she was still in high school. I could be wrong.

Nap Queen said...

I have some opinions as well. I'm so with Shelly on Wal-Mart. They are just crappy all around. The girlfriend of a guy I work with works at Wal-Mart and they won't give her enough hours to be full time, hence no benefits.

I will say, though, the W-M employees are making a choice to work there. If they don't like it, they should try to get a job somewhere else and not take out their frustrations on customers.

I think the state of customer service in this country has gone to the shitter. I can't believe how rude some people are for no reason. It's just unacceptable.