Friday, December 30, 2005

2005 in Review

Here is a highlight of all the highlights of my year.

January-- The year started out with me trying to quit smoking. I lasted all of 12 hours on Jan. 1. Finally Laura said, "go buy some cigarettes cause you are driving me nuts". I also saw my brother, sister-in-law and 1 year old nephew for the last time. My little nephew was in the hospital for something and they "allowed" me to come visit. It was crazy though because I had to come visit when we were sure my parents wouldn't be showing up. During the month I also found out I had diabetes. Kind of scared both of us, but we are dealing with it well now.

February--Not too much happended during this month. I remember Laura was working an after school tutoring program and I hardly saw her.

March--Again, not too much going on. It was my first experience with March madness. Laura is totally into March madness and I just didn't realize how much. I will be more prepared this year.

April--Nothing too eventful this month. We were counting down the days until summer because we would have more time to spend together.

May--This was my b-day month. Well, my b-day is at the very end of May, but I got to celebrate it the entire month. We refinanced the house so we could do some we could do some much needed home improvements. I had a wonderful b-day. We went to dinner at this restaurant on this lake. Our table was right on the water. Laura and I also celebrated one year together. Our first date was the day before my b-day, so Memorial Day weekend 2005 was spent with a lot of celebrations. It was wonderful.

June--Laura got out of school the first week in June. 3 days later we were driving home from dinner and were hit by a semi-truck. Our car was totaled and I was taken to the hospital via ambulance. It was horrible. We were both ok, just really shock up. It was a mess dealing with the truck driver. Thank God we have wonderful insurance. They took care of everything and are currently going after the truck driver since it was HIS fault. They paid us well for our car. 4 days after our wreck StateFarm had given us a check for our old car. It was more then enough for a down payment for my new Honda and a trip to Florida in October. We drove to St.Louis at the end of June to Pride weekend. It was fun, but very hot. Plus I was a nervous wreck driving on the highway two weeks after the wreck.

July--We spent the 4th of July with her family at her sisters new house. Her sister lives in the country, so you can set off as many fireworks as you want. It was awesome. I got a job promotion and we went to the Lake of the Ozarks for a long weekend. We ended up staying about 10 minutes from where my brother and his family were living. They had given me their address way back in January when they still liked me. We drove by their house. After seeing the house they were living in realized my parents had to be helping them. It was a huge house right on the water.

August--This was Laura's b-day month. We had an baby shower for Landon who was due at the end of the month. We celebrated Laura's younger sisters b-day. Had a wonderful b-day for Laura. Went to Kenny Chesney. Laura started back to school. Landon was born!!! Started my blog.

September--It was an unsually hot month in KC. I was counting the days to cooler weather. We were also counting days to our Florida vacation. Our neighbors moved.

October--Started out good. We were so excited for Florida. In one week this is what happended...failed my KS social work test, our neighbor died, our Florida trip was postponed due to the hurricane. It was not a good week. Started another countdown to our trip to Florida in April! YEA

November--Getting ready for Thanksgiving. Had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Laura's family. (well, our family, not just Laura's.) Put up our decorations. Bought a new computer and got high speed internet.

December--Had our first major snow fall. We officially got 12 inches at our house. Celebrated x-mas eve and x-mas with our family. It was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

2005 was a year filled with many challenges, but also many good times. I have become more comfortable with the idea of never seeing my family again. I now have a new family. There are a lot of things Laura and I are looking forward to in 2006. Her younger sister is getting married, we are going to Florida for an entire week with some surprises for the family involved with that trip.

Goodbye 2005....Hello 2006

4 comments:

Francesca said...

I am glad you weren't hurt in the accident with the truck.

You are lucky to have started a new family of your own and able to walk away from the old. I wish that for myself.

I hope your 2006 is even happier and brighter.

Hugs!

Nap Queen said...

So glad you weren't hurt in the wreck. I had a friend who had the same thing happen, and the semi driver was a butthead to her, too. At least you got a cool trip out of it! Happy 2006!

Isabel said...

Glad you were weren't hurt in the accident. Have a Happy New Year.

Deadly Female said...

What a year...

Hope 2006 is kind to you and Laura xx