Sunday, December 11, 2005

10 Quirky Facts

I got this from Packof2. Hope you enjoy reading 10 quirky facts about me...

1) I was named Jennifer Jane at birth and when I was 6 weeks old my parents changed my name to Caroline Ann. They had gone up to Minnesota to visit my Dad's parents and ran across some old family papers and there was a person from the 1800's named Caroline Ann and they decided they liked that name better. I have pictures of me when I was younger that say "Jennifer". And my baby book has Jennifer Jane in the front and it's crossed out and Caroline Ann is written in.

2) I remember dates like you wouldn't believe. I remember b-days, anniversarys and just stupid dates that normal people would not remember. For example, when I was 12 years old a family was living behind us and I still remember that their youngest daughter was born on May 1, 1986. That child is now19 years old. I can't explain how I remember dates. It just happens. So, please don't tell me any dates or b-days unless you want me to remember them forever.

3) I took up smoking to impress the first woman I had a crush on. I didn't smoke and we would hang out at bars and she smoked. So, I did it to be "cool" and hoping she would like me in return. Sad thing is, I am now addcited and can't stop smoking for the woman I have fallen in love with.

4) I dated Dan Renzi from the Real World-Miami in junior high school. We dated for an entire year. It was between the end of 6th grade until the summer of our 7th grade. By the way, our anniversary was May 20. (see, I told you I remember dates) After we "broke up" we went our seperate ways. We were into different things, etc. When I first saw him on the Real World I about freaked. He even came to town to do a presentation at my college (at my request) on how it is being gay. (this was before I realized I too was gay) Since I have come to terms with sexuality I have emailed him a couple times. We get a kick out of the fact that we are both gay.

5) I used to make up families in my mind. I would pretend that I had a whole different family. I even told kids at camp these elabarote stories of my 4 brothers and sisters. (in real life I only have one brother) I always wanted to have lots of brothers and sisters, so instead of having them in real life, I just made them up.

6) I used to put detergent in the fountains around town when I was a teenager. (Kansas City is the City of Fountains) Every summer my friends and I would drive around buying HUGE things of laundry detergent and 1 in the morning and watch the fountains overflow into the streets.

7) When I was 19, I dated a much older guy (again before I came to terms with my sexuality) and I basically just used him for his money. He would hand over $50 here and there with no problems. He was in his mid-30's, not cute and just an all a dork. But he had money. After about 6 months he got tired of not getting anything in return.

8) When I was 19, we were going to some exotic island in the Caribbean and we had to take one of those small planes. On our flight (there were only about 20 people on this flight) was Dick Clark. He looks so different not in his tv face. No makeup and he looked so much older. I kept thinking..if this flight crashes at least I will go down with Dick Clark on my plane.

9) I am obessed with salsa. I will eat it on anything. ANYTHING. I have grown very fond of "On the Border" salsa which you can now buy in the grocery store. It's low fat and low calorie and very good for you.

10) When I was 8 years old, a very famous baseball player here in KC (George Brett) saw me standing in line to get his autograph and looked at me and said, "you are so pretty, will you marry me". I remember tellling all my friends at school and they didn't believe me.

One extra one...

11) When I was in the 5th grade I wore a shirt that said "Adidas" on it. This kid came up to me and said, "you know what Adidas stands for don't you?" I said, "no". And he said, "all day I dream about sex". I was horrified. I have not worn anything with Adidas on it to this day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adidas! LOL!! That's hilarious. Every guy in America should wear one then!

pack of 2 said...

Yes, AND...ADIDAS backwards stands for...sex always developes in dark alleys...I heard both of these things as a kid & always think of them when I see Adidas.

That is weird that you had a different name at birth. It's odd to me when people do that...or...they can't decide what to name a kid...HELLO??? Cmon! YA had nine months to think of a name...SLACKER...LOL!

I also remember dates...I have no idea why...it is the weirdest thing. BTW...MAy 22 is my bday...should be easy to remember, it's two days after your old anniversary, which was also the bday of my frind Georgette from the 8th grade...LMAO...See I do it too.

Great list!!!!!!

Shelly

Caroline said...

Shelly--I am so glad to hear that I am not the only person that remembers dates. BTW, my b-day is May 29, one week after yours. :)

Isabel said...

I wear adidas. ha ha. Yeah, i knew what stood for.

We have weird little things. What makes us special. :)