Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Day in Review

I went to the Dr. today for my 3 month check up. Having diabetes I have to go every 3 months to have blood work done, etc. The night before I have to do a fast. So, I have to make sure that I don't have anything, except water, for the 12 hours before the appointment. Usually when I do the fast, I am starving by the time the appointment is done. For the first time, I was not starving, just a little hungry. Good news though. I have lost some weight. Not as much as I had hoped, but she said it was probably because I was gaining muscle. I told her my clothes are feeling better, and she said that is how I should see how things are going.

About two months ago I got what I thought was a simple pimple under my arm. We figured it was probably an ingrown hair. Well, I kept popping it, but it would come back bigger and bigger. Last Sunday it was really hurting. I asked Laura to try to pop it (can't do it on my own since it's under my arm). The pain was horrible and all that came out was blood. I was getting a little concerned. Well, I had the doctor look at it and she said, "Yep it's a boil. Let me get a needle to pop it." Huh???? Well, she had me lay down and took the needle and put it down the middle and then squeezed as hard as she could. The pain was horrible. I kept thinking..."I wonder if childbirth is this bad?" Well, after a few minutes she said it was gone. You should have seen the blood. It was gross. Well, my arm stung for about 30 minutes and then felt much better. I just noticed that the bump is back. Damn. I guess we will try to drain it again tonight. I am not looking forward to it at all.

4 comments:

Isabel said...

sounds very painful.
But good for you on losing weight. :)

Lea said...

maybe since it is back, you might want to have it looked at again.
Not to worry you, that just sounds kind of strange to me. Will you always have it now and have to drain it?
(((hugs))) for your pain, hope you feel better soon and good to you for getting in shape. :-)

pack of 2 said...

I had something like that on my shoulder that was there for two yrs.

I think it was a spider bite that got infected. I never went to the doctor though.

Shelly

Kathryn said...

sorry about that boil, those do hurt; but I can GUARANTEE you it didn't hurt as much as childbirth!