Friday, September 09, 2005

My Best Friend Ben.....


It's Friday. Thank God for that. This was a short work week, but it seems like it was very long. I am sitting here at my desk counting the minutes down til it's time to go home. I just feel completly exhausted. Laura gets up at 5am and I usually get up with her for an hour. When she leaves the house (6am) I usually go back to bed for an hour or so. Sometimes it's closer to 2 hours. It's been an adjustment getting up and being fully awake and then going back to sleep for an hour or so. Usually it's just long enough for me to enter into a real deep sleep. And with me not having to be at work until 9am it would be a shame to get up at 5am and stay awake. I know our cats would be very upset. Our youngest cat, Ben, loves to come up after Laura has left and get under the covers and sleep. Ben is a true lover boy. We used to have a stray female cat around our house that would have 2 litters a year. Well, four years ago Ben was in one of those litters. The kittens were always WILD and you were unable to catch them. Somehow I caught Ben and brought him inside. He is still very shy and will not come out when others come visit. But when it's just me and Laura at home he is all over us. He is a sweetheart. We live on Bennington, so I named him Ben for short. Because he was once ferel, Laura calles him Ferel Faucett. Last year was the first time I put up a Christmas tree. Ben loved it. He slept under it every single night. He thought we put it up just for him. He also thinks his name is Baby. When I got first got him he was so tiny and I treated him just like a baby. Now he thinks his name is Baby. When Laura moved in Ben warmed up to her after a few weeks. She often refers to Ben as, "my best friend Ben." When she wants him to come to her, she simply says, "my best friend Ben" and he comes from wherever he is sleeping.

Here is a picture of Ben sleeping under the Christmas Tree. Isn't he a cutie.....


Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments: