Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Mishawaka Memories

Many of you that know me, know that I have a lot of time at work to surf the net. (don't tell my employer :) ) I came across a blog for an old friend that I knew from the days of Camp Mishawaka. I attended Camp Mishawaka for 6 years in the 80's. Some of the best summers of my life. So, I came across Eron's blog. I had not spoken to him since at least 1988. He was the sweetest person. We "went together" for a few summers. It's funny to think about us "going together" just during the summer months. But we did keep in contact during the the winter months. I will never forget one Christmas when he sent me a necklace. I was so excited because I had never received a necklace from a boy before. I felt pretty special. I used to daydream about the two of us getting married, you know the crazy teenage stuff.

So, I finally got up the courage to email Eron. I found his blog a few weeks back but wasn't sure if it was the same Eron. This afternoon he emailed me back. And it was really good hearing from him. He wrote the sweetest thing about me on his blog. To read it go to.. www.elfrederick.blogspot.com It's good to know that after all these years, sometimes have never changed. He is still very sweet.

Thank you Eron for being my friend during those horrible teenage years. You were more important to me then I told you. I am glad I got the chance to tell you, even after all these years.

1 comment:

Sublime said...

I was stunned to see the word Mishawaka in your title! It's not a very common name at all, and Mishawaka, Indiana is right next to the city I live in.

Where is Camp Mishawaka at?

Take care today,
Sublime