Friday, August 26, 2005

The Lucky One

Today is Friday, Thank God. Laura has gone back to school and so our time together is limited. She is up and out of the house by 6am and then I don't get home until after 5pm. That gives us about4-5 hours together for the day. Summer was wonderful. It was so nice having her home during the day when I would come home for lunch. She made up for all those times I got up early to make her lunch by always having lunch for me when I came home.

Even though our summer got off to a rough start with the car wreck, it was a good summer. The car wreck reaffirmed our love and admiration for each other. After the truck hit us all I really remember is spinning on the highway. That day she was wearing an orange "Life is Good" t-shirt. As we were spinning I remember seeing her shirt spin around and around. I remember thinking, "Oh my God, I don't want to loose her". As we were spinning I knew where we were and that there was going to be something that was going hit us. As we were spinning, Laura turned to me and put her hands on my face. When we were in the emergency room that night she asked if I remembered her putting her hands on my face. At that time I did not remember. She said that she thought we were going to die and she wanted me looking at her when that happened, not what was going to hit us. I love that she was concerned about what I was going to see during that very chaotic moment. The wreck made me realize that I never wanted to spend a day without her and that I would fight til the end for our love.

And she thinks she is the lucky one.

1 comment:

KellyNerd said...

I decided to start at the beginning of your blog... this post moved me ...