Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Katrina

It makes me so sad when I see the pictures coming from New Orleans and Mississippi and Alabama. It's like a bad wreck. I want to look away, but my eyes keep looking at all the destruction. One question. Why didn't they evacuate the residents before the hurricane??? They were told it was going to be bad. They should have gotten everyone out of the cities and to safe ground. It's a little late for the hundreds (probably thousands) that lost their life. It's sad that it's the people that could not afford to get out of town or did not have any transportation to leave are the ones that have suffered the most. I think about all the people that were in nursing homes. What have happened to them? The pictures are devestating. So, I can only imagine what it's like to be looking out and seeing it for yourself. Say a prayer for all of the south. It's going to be a long, hard road to try to clean up the cities that were destroyed. It's going to be months, even years before life will get back to normal, if it ever does.

1 comment:

Sublime said...

I too have been thinking of all the people in the nursing homes, group homes, homebound, etc. Every time they show the picture of the dog stuck on that roof, I just lose it.

I was washing clothes last night and started to cry just thinking how thankful I was to be able to do laundry at all.